DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CSE Ghosting Problems

Arion

I'm trying to use the CSE but have a MAJOR graphics glitch. When I try to move an object with the properties window along any of the axis I get ghosting of the object. Its so bad that if you drag it far enough ahead you actually have two objects until you click the okay buttong See attached screens

CSEStreaking.jpg

CSEStreaking1.jpg

CSEStreaking2.jpg

CSEStreaking3.jpg

This makes it impossible to do fine detail work aligning things like sidewalks, basement pieces, cave tiles, etc.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I am using the latest OBSE and CSE

XD Sad...

Well one way of sorta doing it would be setting the 1.0000 next to the XYZ position coordinates to the scale you want to move them by. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc. Most tilesets are 128x128, so 64x64 allows for decent control.

There should also be an icon on the toolbar of a red circle on top of a grid. Thats the snap to grid. (Default 64)

That could be a feature, not a glitch, so that you can see where you're moving 'from' and 'to'.

I do know you don't see that behaviour if you move an object without the reference window open. So my only suggestion is open it to set your rotation, close it, reposition object to where you want it. Probably not very helpful when you're already in a habit of doing things. :shrug:

I start at 0,0,0 all the time.. When I couldn't figure out how to use S2G I started looking at the pieces once I lined them up and could see how the numbers on the grid progressed and after that I just plug the numbers in the properties box as soon as I bring the object in the render window. I did my basements and grotto like that.. :)

But the ability to place things when I want in fine detail work without blurring and stretching seems to be a "normal" way to do things.