DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion modding Guide.

MasterKrill

Hello, Forum. FIrst post here.

I have been following this guide: http://knotstheinane.blogspot.com/p/oblivion-modding-guide.html

I used his guide for Morrowind aswell and it all worked super, unfortunately Oblivion isn't working the same.

Everything worked perfectly fine until step 7 was finished. I installed Elsewyr and ran boss, rebuilt my bashed patch and started the game. I only use those mods listed so far and Alternate Start(Lets you set your race, birthsign, class and some starting gear(all vanilla starting gear) and puts you in Imperial City or Anvil after choosing those)

I crash whenever I leave Alternate STarts room. When it is loading the world, it comes to the end of the loading line and baam! CTD.

I have tried deselecting all mods from that step ( 7 ) and rebuilding the bashed patch and it still CTD's. Before that step it worked superb. Played 10 minutes without crashes and nothing was wrong but for an Argonian tailtexture missing ( Ya know, pink tails ) but that wasn't so important.

I did read some on this forum and you all seem like a knowing and helpful bunch of people so I thought I would ask here since my own option are out but to remove all mods from step 7 manually and that isn't a dream. If someone knows from just a glance what could be wrong, tell me what to try and so I will.

[warn=Topic Title Edited]Your first post here, best not to start off with swearing in your topic title. Please be more careful :)[/warn]

Hello MasterKrill, welcome to TESA!

Personally I've never heard of that 'guide' before, but that is a LOT of mods for a first timer to start with. An FCOM install alone is a lot for a first timer to deal with. But let's see what we can do.

The best way to start is to post your load order via Wrye Bash (In the Mods tab, right click on the header FILE, select List Mods, copy/paste everything, including the spoiler tags) so we can see exactly where you are.

You could also try a different Alt Start mod to see if you can get any further or at least get outside. Alternative Beginnings is one I recommend.