DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Fleur De Lis Compound

wallenbarrett

I have played Oblivion for years. Long ago I discovered Mods and they are still fantastical and fun. For a couple of years now, I have had an idea for a New Player's Homebase, the likes of which, I have never seen done in any other mods. About a year ago, I retired and decided to teach myself (with many other's help) the art of modding. I have completed major landscaping in and around Cell -22/21 to make the Compound self supporting. I have completed the interior cave ( which is unique), set up the Armory (a cave inside a cave) and a top clift exit to the astrological landing. My idea is not to load this mod up with every weapon, armor, book or whatever; but instead to creat a homebase where a Player can play the entire game, mods included, and have a working location to place all his/her belongings in an orderly manner (much like the theme of the Greenview House Mod) without having the rooms too little to do the job or having conners and stairs to walk around. The trick is to do this and not hurt frame rates. I am now at the point of creating a central house where the Player can rest. This house will be open and connected to four theme towers setting at 45 degree angles to the main house.

I have collected a large array of modders resources and added most of them to my Construction Set. I have some beauitful wood testures and just enough knowledge of NifSkope to change textures. I have explored tile sets and learned to use them.

My problem is that in all the tile sets, I have not found any log tile sets. I am aware of the Bruma tile sets but I want uniform logs that look new. I have tried combations of 1SK's nordic tileset, AC's Cladecastle/Gildenhall, Pelagiad, with the best results coming from a conbination of oblivimonk and Meo's settlement.

Is there a log tile set out there which I can use to make a custon large square/rectangle house which includes 90 and 45 degree angle wall joints? I tried to make my own log tile set and it was a disaster.I do not have the knowledge or skill. I was depressed for days.

Something like this log cabin? (which says can be used as a resource)

Thank you for your time, attention and help. During my research, I examined this mod. My first inpression was it is too dull and lower class for my use. I though about retexturing but the size of the log cabin is way too small. When I increased its size, it look like a small cabin which a really big Orc lives in. I have been through (what I think is) every mod posted on TES Alliance, Nexus, Wiki and all the mod list contained therein.

What I invision is a cabin more like GreenView Manor (found at Nexus) one or one and a half stories tall, about twice the size of GreenView Manor, with no rooms; just one big large interior bay area.

I believe the only way to get this is to find a log cabin tileset but in all the searching I have done, there does not appear to be any log cabin tilesets except for the Bruma one and I do not want my cabin to look like it came from Bruma. There is everyother type of tileset out there but no log cabin tilesets. I fear there is a reason for this and I am just not experenced to know what it is. On the other hand, pros like Meo have made log defensive walls out of tiled logs so there must be a way. I have tried to make my own log tileset and even tried using the House Modder's Tool Kit. I can make one (a single) beautiful log but I do not know how to made it into a tile. Thus, making 45 degree or 90 degree conners is out of the question.

Thank you again.