DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELZ]Mysterious Bear's Power Animals

Mysterious Mr. Bear

PowerAnimalsBannerTHIN.jpg

NOTE:

If you've allready downloaded and are having issues with companions and gurads flipping out and attack your power animal, download the personality update which should fix the issue. If its your first time, download the main file, and then either the Bug Fix or the Personality update- which ever one you want. (I dunno, some people who don't use companions might like the "on edge" feel..."

Hi guys, I've just finished my latest mod, Power Animals :D

A public service announcement giving a brief explanation of the mod and a look at its controls! XD

Download - TESnexus

Download - TESAlliance

Most companion mods are just that, a companion. And most magical Summons, mod added and otherwise, are just that- creatures that can be summoned. I tried to make something a bit more dynamic... instead of having a companion, or a summonable creature, my spell gives the ability to transmute some of your life-force into creating an Avatar to fight along side you, follow you and protect you. But you don't get to choose what your avatar looks like... your avatar chooses you.

This whole idea is based on the books, His Dark Materials... some might know this series for the film, The Golden Compass (not that I approved of that film at all...). Every person in that world has a magical avatar that represents them like part of their soul that follows them around. Sailors have a seagull or a seal, great leaders have proud wildcats, etc etc. I've always loved that idea, and I've tried to replicate it here.

If your character is a strong warrior that favours heavy armour, your avatar may be a bear. If your character is nible thief, it may be a cat. A ranger may have a hound dog companion, and a blunt weapon wielding barbarian an ogre. Either way each avatar is designed to compliment the play style of its owner. Not only this, but as you grow in power so does your avatar, and this is represented physically. You may start off with a cub, but as you play your avatar will slowly transform into a raging bear, lager than any other in the game!

[PowerAnimalTri2.jpg

Three High Level Avatars

it is not only the appearence that is dynamic, I also spent agggesss making the controls fun and easy in much the same way as my WIPZ mod, Elemental Magic (I lie, EXACTLY the same way). You only have one spell to summon, dismiss, and command your avatar. call it to follow with a tap of the cast button and the LMB, set it to attack everything it sees with the RMB, tell it to wait with both LMB and RMB and summon it/dismiss it by holding down the cast button. I have tried to make all this feel as though you are actually influencing a sentinent being, too, and not just flicking a switch- as you give commands, your avatar will glow different colours. (whilst designed to be transparent, there are .esps for transulcency and opacicity too)

But thats not all. Each avatar brings a different Power that you may use at will. For example, you may be wondering how a cat would be any use at all. Well activate its power by tapping cast, and it runs away releasing pheromones, causing everyone in line of sight to try and chase it away... whilst you slip past the now vacent guard post. Enter a blood thirsty rage with your hulking Ogre, or scare enemies away with a howl from your wolf, or inherit the hardened skin of a boar and turn your flesh to stone!

PowerAnimalTri4.jpg

The Sanctuary

Ultimatly, this mod aims to make you feel like your characters are truly unique. Every weapon you use, wether you run or walk, sneak or fight, wear heavy armour or light, all defines what your avatar will look like- I tried to make it truly represent the character :) You will get a brief explanation of what your avatar is and why it has taken that form, and an explanation of its unique power. This means you can technically keep levelling different skills to see every differnt type of avatar - I won't tell you all the possibilities ;) know this as well- characters with maxed out stats will find a very nice reward... part of which is a choice of two otherwise unavailable avatars!

I hope you enjoy, and keep an eye out for Elemental magic- this spell is simply one of fifteen equally big spells, half of which are nearly finished!

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

hahahaha, thankyou very much :P I happened to be watching that awsome video where a guy fires some arrows into the air, tells the adoring fan to wait and then when he leaves convosation all the arrows come down and hit him... the adoring fans final words cracked me up so much I had to include it somewhere :P

Thanks guys for cookies and support! Releasing this one has been quite the challange, two updates needed within a few hours... completely my fault obviously but still :P

Talking of which:

Anybody who has downloaded and is having issues with power animals going crazy and attacking companions/guards (apprently when they draw their swords) should download the Personality Update I am about to upload... and if your going to download, download that too!! :D

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D