DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Increasing weapon speed

Zabre

Is it possible to increase the weapon speed of an item the more times you swing the sword? For instance, I attack XXX target and the weapon speed of weapon XXX increases by .2. After 10 seconds of not using weapon XXX, the weapon speed resets.

First time even using the CS for about 4 months. I forgot almost all my script knowledge. >_<

I can't seem to run the script when the weapon is swung. If only there was a OnAttackWith thing. Anyone know a way to mimic that?

scn 333RagebladeScript

ref weapon

float weaponspeed

float increase

begin OnHitWith 333RageW

set weapon to player.getequippedobject 16

set weaponspeed to getweaponspeed weapon

set increase to weaponspeed + .2

setweaponspeed increase weapon

end

I can't get the block to start correctly. I thought OnHitWith meant whenever someone is hit with the weapon... But that's not the case. :|

Edited by Zabre

What you really need is a quest script, it works simialr to most other scripts except you attach it to a dummy quest XD

This is a rough idea of what you need

Float fQuestDelayTime
Ref rTarget

Begin GameMode
let rTarget := GetCrosshairRef
let fQuestDelayTime := 0.1

If (OnControlDown 4) ;Attack Key
If (Player.IsAttacking == 1)
;Check to see if target is valid
; If valid do your stuff
Endif
Endif
End[/code]

What you really need is a quest script, it works simialr to most other scripts except you attach it to a dummy quest XD

This is a rough idea of what you need

Float fQuestDelayTime

Ref rTarget

Begin GameMode

If (OnControlDown  4)	 ;Attack Key

If (Player.IsAttacking == 1)

;Check to see if target is valid

; If valid do your stuff

Endif

Endif

End

Open to trying the code, but I have no idea how to make a "dummy quest" or how to start it and all that.

Open the CS with OBSE, copy/paste/type that code above in, make all your changes and save as a quest script (Change the script type at the top). Then click the big "Q" icon along the top to open the quest screen, with it open right click the editor list and select "New", give the quest an ID. After that make sure you quest is selected and then on the right you'll see a script drop down box, select your script there.

For the check if there is a balid target first make sure there is a target there (value >0), if there is check to see if it's an NPC or Creature. That way the script will only run when you're targeting them and not any old object in the game XD

This is so far what i've come up with.

-SNIP-

I actually borrowed help from some friends that are majoring in Software Engineering. They take a lot of coding stuff so it was easy for them. This is the WORKING increasing attack speed script. There is currently no reset, and the increase will go all the way to the Hard-coded cap.

scn 333RagebladeQuestScript

Float fQuestDelayTime

Ref rTarget

Ref weapon

Float weaponspeed

Float Increase

Begin GameMode

If (OnControlDown  4)    ;Attack Key

If (Player.IsAttacking == 1 && rTarget.isActor == 1)

set weapon to player.GetEquippedObject 16

set weaponspeed to player.getweaponspeed 333RageW

set Increase to (weaponspeed + .2)

setweaponspeed increase 333RageW

endif	

Endif

End

Edited by Zabre

You will need to store base weapon speed somewhere, if you want to be able to reset back to it. If you want the increase to be permanent, you should implement some flavor of counter, and require X number of uses before incrementing weapon speed.

Maybe have the weapon slow down over time, if you aren't using it? :D

You will need to store base weapon speed somewhere, if you want to be able to reset back to it. If you want the increase to be permanent, you should implement some flavor of counter, and require X number of uses before incrementing weapon speed.

Maybe have the weapon slow down over time, if you aren't using it? :D

I was actually thinking about counters last night I thought up "Something this fast wouldn't be that accurate." So I'm thinking of having it reset the attack speed should you stop looking at an actor. So you basically have to be accurate or you lose your speed. :)

You could always have weapon speed increase be dependent on governing skill/style for the weapon...... the longer you use the same weapon, the better you get with it, conversely, if you use a weapon you are NOT familiar with, you are not as quick with it?

Sounds like a feature you would see in a combat overhaul :lol: Great ideas, You :P

I've actually put this script on the backburners. Been busy with my English classes. :)