DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Please help a noob with his first modeling endaveaur!

Jokie

Hi TESA!

Well, i'm new to modding and modeling - which is why i've come here to ask more talented people for help ^^

I'm making a house mod which i am primarily making for myself and because of that, i go into painstaking detail -.- (A bit of a perfectionist)

Oh well, in this mod i use the native sphere hut from the aezarka mod pack (The modders of ORE version) and what i'm basically trying to do is to combine two interiors into one so that they match the exterior, I wanted to be able to just climb up a ladder to the other interior sphere (Screens will make you understand my ramblings ^^)

Screeny:

55922638.th.jpg

cs2mt.th.jpg

So, i fired up blender after installing nifscripts and opened up the .nif - i then proceded to (around 1 hour of work, every start is hard :P) cut a hole in the sphere and i then wanted to somehow attach another sphere with a hole so that they are just one - but i cannot figure out how to do this, nor can i find any tutorials covering anything like this

Screeny again:

csmod.th.jpg

Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me some hints? That would be very, very much appreciated as i am just a casual modder trying to make his little mod look better :P

Thank you - And thank you for this great forum :D

Edited by Jokie

Will look at that tomorrow when i'm not tired, seems to be some pretty hard reading, with some headbanging blender trial coming afterwards :P

Thank you very much Trollf!

I had kinda hoped that this was a simple thing to do - but let's see if i can figure this out, any further help would be appreciated as well!

Thank you :thumbup:

Hello and welcome Jokie...this may be as simple as figuring where each sphere will join then depending on how large the opening should be select the conflicting verts and delete (X key > delete verts)...move both to where their touching then 2 by 2, W key to merge...

If I understand what you want to do correctly, there is a relatively easy way to do what you want. Although you can do this in about a minute, since you say you are new to this, I've laid it out step by step below.

Referring to your 3rd screeny, with that object loaded into Blender: (Actually, this will work with any spherical surface with a hole it).

1) In Object mode, press <Shift> 'D' to make a duplicate. Immediately press <Enter> without moving the mouse (you now have the original and its duplicate in the same place).

2) Press 'M' then <Enter> to move it to another layer. Move to that layer and verify that the duplicate is still selected (If not, select it again).

3) Press 'S' then .95 <Enter>, to scale it to 95% of its original size.

4) Press <Tab> to switch to Edit mode, then press 'A' so all of the sphere is selected.

5) From the Mesh panel in the edit button window (Press F-9 if you don't see it), unhighlight 'Double Sided'.

6) From the Mesh menu (in the header of the 3D window), select Normal > Flip. (You should see the outer surface of the sphere become darker and the interior surface become lighter).

7) Press <Tab> to switch back to Object mode, then make sure the sphere is selected (press 'A' if not).

8) Press 'M' and move the scaled and flipped copy back to the layer containing the original. Switch back to that layer.

9) You should now have two spheres, one inside the other. Still in Object mode, press 'A' so that both spheres are selected (up at the top you should see 'Ob:2-2').

10) From the Object menu, select Join Objects <Enter> (now, up at the top you should see 'Ob:1-1').

11) Press <Tab> to switch to Edit mode and set selection to edges.

12) Select all the segments that make up the edge of the hole in the inside sphere, then add to that selection all the segments that make up the hole in the outside sphere.

13) Press 'F' and select 'Skin Faces/Edge-Loops' and press <Enter>. You now have one sphere with inside and outside surfaces connected by the surfaces forming the edges of the hole connecting them.

Once you've successfully done this, you may want to do it again, stopping after step 3) to texture the duplicate that will become the interior surface. Once you have, continue with the remaining steps. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Yaayy Vince, nice to see you again....thank you for the info. :cookie4u: I was think more of the first two images and didn`t realize that this was meant to be one within the other...of course your instruction is the best way to go.

Edited by donnato