DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Nord Wars of Indpendence !

DanielJ97

The Nord Wars of Independence

A mod for TES: V Skyrim...

For regular updates check my Tumblr Page regarding the mod !

Right, I've barely ever delivered on my mod ideas for Oblivion, but, I'm determined to get this mod through. I love the idea so much. :D

Basically, this is a Quest-Chain in Skyrim during which you have the chance to liberate Skyrim from the Imperial Empire, so simply, make it it's own nation. This mod will feature hours of gameplay, including new armours, npc's, voiced dialouge, weapons and of course areas.

Before anybody goes "But Skyrim isn't out yet. Nah, nah, nah". I'm currently planning the mod on what Bethesda have released so far; e.g. the maps, videos, gameplay information etc. Also, I am aware that the Skyrim Main-Quest is a civil war ! The main questline will be disabled whilst this mod is played.

Storyline

The storyline of the mod is kinda based around the Scottish Wars of Independence, but not entirely. The people of Skyrim want to be free from the clutches of the Imperial Empire. They want their own nation, with it's own rulers.

You are a farmer, from a village on a mountain range. Your family is dead, and you live alone, in your hut. The village people see you as the Chief, and follow your orders to the letter. After your wife and children were killed by the Imperial Legion (as you can see in the intro video that will be featured with the mod), you have a thirst for revenge. The Imperial's have been holding your people in their clutches for too long. Bitter feelings are growing between the Nord's and their rules. It's not long before the rebellion begins. You start by attacking small garrisons with a band of men, but in time you and your band of men take entire cities, and defeat armies. You'll end as the saviour of Skyrim, or you will be betrayed by the Nobles, and executed by the Imperial's. You must use your mind and wits to work out whether or not decisions will play on your side, or help the Imperial's side.

Mechanics

The mod will run as some form of total conversion, with you being forced to make a new save before playing, and the new save taking you into a different start location.

The mod will feature piles of new weapons, items, armours, and food. As well as fully featured voice acting, possibly, by the folks at TESAlliance and anyone else who cares to help out.

I'm trying to keep the mod as lore friendly as possible, so if you notice any flaws with anything I announce (lore-wise), then please get in touch.

I will be using custom music, which will either be made by people from the TES community, or from other online music creators.

Idea

Where did I get this idea from? Well a few different factors influenced it:

• Me being Scottish.
  • Watching Braveheart.
  • My love of modding.

From these 3 factors this ideal was born. Whether or not I carry it through is yet to be seen. I can however promise regular updates regarding it, most of which can be found on my Tumblr, which I'll update every couple of days, with screenshots and other goodies. :D I'll provide a link once I make it, >.>

Contact & Help !

It's pretty obvious I wont manage this by myself, I need the help of anyone who can help.

If you want to help with anything below, send me a PM, or post here.

BETA TESTERS WILL BE NEEDED FOR THE FINAL STAGES. GET IN TOUCH EARLY TO SECURE THESE PRIVELAGES.

In regards to music creators; I do need custom music. Get in contact if you can help. :D

If your willing to do voice acting for the mod send me a PM, and I'll get in contact as soon as I can.

Also, if your willing to work on the team as a moddler/texturer then please throw a PM my way as well.

I will also need authors for the in-game books, and artists to make the loading screens and logo's that will be used throughout the mod.

Or if you can help in any other way, (e.g. scripting, ideas, lore-errors), then aslo send a PM. :D

All those who help in any way, shape or form, will have their name listed in the Credits, which will run before the vanilla game's credits, in a pretty cool way I'm still inventing more idea's for. ;D

Current Team & Jobs;

Myself (Daniel Jamieson) - Textures, Level Design, Modelling, Voice Acting, Author-ing, Music, Storyline, "Publicity", Internet Guy. :P

Pronam - UV Mapping, Collisioning, Partly Texture Templates

Thorbjørn Mortensen (Beerto/Tpower) - Modelling, Texturing, Voice Acting

Christopher Sutcliffe and Mark Sutcliffe (MoonlightWyvern) - Voice Acting, Possibly Modelling.