DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

I Tried - Gave Up

Pounder

The mod seemed to play without any actual technical issues (no CTDs, no fail of quest/journal update, etc.) and I'm not even sure if the mod is maybe supposed to work the way it did as it played OK as far as it went.

I did the trip with Captain Steffan and the monks. I'm not sure why everyone moved so slow, but it took nearly 18 minutes (real time) to get to the Boreal Stone Cave from Cloud Ruler Temple. Captain Steffan kept riding in circles and getting off his horse and then getting back on. The monks were like a gaggle of geese, bumping, stumbling, etc. and walking around each other.

When the first bandit appeared - he took off into the wilderness, Captain Steffan on his heals. It took nearly 5 minutes to find them, and Steffan was running around a tree and a rock in a circle looking up. As I approached another bandit appeared out of thin air - and I got lucky and killed him before he took off. It took another 15 minutes for Steffan to wander around and he would go to his horse, get on, then get off, then go check one of the dead bandits, then go to his horse, get on, get off, etc., etc..

A bandit near the bridge appeared 1/2 way up the hill and it was too steep for Steffan who just ran against a rock. The bandit just stood. I had to console to get to him. Even after I di, Steffan continued to run against the rock and I have no idea what he was after as the other bandits were down the trail.

Trip to Sancre Tor took about 40 minutes - real time.

On arrival at Sancre Tor, the monks disappeared - just gone. Captain Steffan just sat on his horse for 4 minutes. If I tried speaking to him, he went into this weird animation where he circled around from his waist and the only conversation was rumours. Finally, he got off the horse.

Got into Sancre Tor and Captain Steffan walked in circles, ran into walls, got stuck on buildings, etc. 5 or so minutes walking got us to the Council building.

I figured I should join up and did and went to the Quartermaster. Captain Steffan was running around really fast (now he's fast) with his sword drawn, but I couldn't find anything he was chasing.

The quartermaster took everything, including award leveler, cobl options, map menu, screen setting menu, etc. that I had in my inventory - almost immediate CTD. Fixed this by simply putting items on the floor nearby and retrieving them after getting items from quartermaster.

Rowan did the same slow walk and took 5 minutes to get to the barracks building. He would go in and when I went in he would go out. I would go out to see where he went and he would go in. If I spoke to him he had no conversation. I stood inside and Rowan went out, came back in, went out, came back in, etc. - way more than I was willing to count until some other NPC came and they spoke. Rowan then entered the barracks. 11 minutes of the slowest walk ever, and Rowan says this is your room, go rest and he goes to bed. Its 9:30 at night so I figure maybe 8am will bring something. 2 days pass (one hour at a time as I expect something/someone to do something) and Rowan gets up and takes me to training. 8 minutes of walking and we get to the same door where he went in and out and; He goes out, I go out. He goes back in, I go back in. I stand outside and watch as Rowan goes in, comes out - but its kind of boring so I quit.

I don't usually have problems with mods - or at least anything I can't fix relatively easily. Nothing I tried on this mod worked. It isn't like I need constant and rapid action in the game either. I can usually stick with a mod, but this one was just a bit too slow and frustrating.

I take it this is a WIP or a very early version - I'll keep an eye out for an update as it does look interesting.

DarkRider,

I felt a bit bad about my post - I only pointed out the things that were somewhat frustrating and not working. I had spent about 2-3 hours with the mod fiddling and trying to make sure it wasn't something at my end causing the results I was getting. At the time I posted I was a bit frustrated and - believe it or not - disappointed.

Disappointed because everything in the mod looks spectacular. The armor, the clothing, the weapons, Sancre Tor, the banners, the NPCs, - just everything. The one thing I did want to point out was the atmosphere. I didn't actually get too far in the mod, but being ex-military, I had almost the same feeling with Sancre Tor as I did years ago walking into a training base as a military instructor. The young recruits running about, one to take you around the base, the quartermaster (attitude), the mod certainly brought up some familiar feelings and memories. Its pretty awesome that a mod can grasp and reflect an "atmosphere" and feeling.

If a mod can generate such an atmosphere, then I can barely contain myself waiting to play the quests - they are going to be as spectacular as the visuals in the mod.

So, its not working quite right just yet, I'm sure you will get it working they way you want.

Thanx for the mod and all the hard work - I'll be watching for the updates with eager anticipation.

I'm having pretty much the same trouble as Pounder is, only I'm not getting as far. I talk to Captain Steffan to start the quest, wait the three days, talk to him again, he goes and mounts his horse...and for some reason rides into Cloud Ruler Temple and up the stairs. He ends up sitting in the area where the two Blades are usually fighting, doing the twitching thing that Pounder described. Waiting hasn't helped so far, nor has using the console to move him outside the temple: he just heads right back in.

I don't know whether this is the same problem, a new one, or I simply messed up the install (unlikely but possible). In any case, hope you get it fixed, because the mod really does look and sound great.

I don't know whether this is the same problem, a new one, or I simply messed up the install (unlikely but possible). In any case, hope you get it fixed, because the mod really does look and sound great.

If you have updated to version 1.0.3, this is most likely a mod conflict with something else in your load order. Please post your load order and we might be able to isolate the conflict. :good: