DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The dreaded 1.2 patch

Lanceor

Since this forum is 1.2 patch whinge-free, I'll post some hopefully useful info on the Skyrim 1.2 patch.

What is it?

The official word is that it fixes certain bugs. Conspiracy theorists no doubt will have other ideas come to mind.

What's wrong with it?

Many have reported that it introduces game-breaking bugs:

• Resistances no longer work.
  • Dragons fly backwards and don't land, making them much harder to kill.
  • Fast travel no longer works.
  • Probably some others that I forgot.

How can I tell what patch I've got?

Press the ESC key in-game. The version number should appear at the bottom left hand corner as 1.2.xxxx or similar.

Can update be disabled?

Since hearing about the patch, I had Auto-updates switched off and played only in Offline Mode. Unless I made a mistake somewhere, Steam must have overridden my settings and forced the update.

How to rollback?

• Basically, you need to replace TESV.exe and Data\Skyrim - Interface.bsa with the old version.
  • I was using Windows 7 which allowed me to use the "Restore previous versions" function to restore these two files.
  • [Link Removed] at the Steam Forums also provides a link to download the said files. I wasn't able to test it out as I'm unable to access Megaupload from my country.

If you've successfully rolled back to 1.1 using a different method, feel free to share!

Edited by InsanitySorrow
Removed link

Let's keep this place whinge-free :salute:

Also I have removed the link to the Steam forums, Do NOT link to anywhere where the games files are being redistributed :no:, This is a note to anyone thinking about doing it, could lead to TESA losing a few of it's members.

Let's just share good info and official links only for that type of stuff :salute:

SKSE has fixed the resistances bug. They found the mistake in the code that caused it and re-connected the function that was no longer being called. Somebody did report what the fix was, so Bethesda should know about it now and come out with a new patch.

The dragons flying backwards thing is hit and miss apparently. It sounds like it depends on when they are due to spawn in your game. I don't know if the issue with them not landing resolves itself or not.

I'm not running the 1.2 patch, so I'm just passing along some info I've gotten from the threads on Beth, mainly the SKSE thread which I've been following closely.

Does the SKSE support the 4GB memory model? That's one thing that's been putting me off giving it a whirl.

I regressed back to v1.1 to avoid any of the problems with the new patch but found that many of the keyboard controls stopped working, most problematically the tab-as-exit one, so if you started, say, reading a book, you'd find yourself rather stuck. Fortunately, however, someone's uploaded a fixed keymap that avoids that problem as well as numerous others, especially for those who remapped certain keys and found that the labels were incorrect. Of course I failed to bookmark it, but I can dig out its link if anyone needs it.

Does the SKSE support the 4GB memory model? That's one thing that's been putting me off giving it a whirl.

I regressed back to v1.1 to avoid any of the problems with the new patch but found that many of the keyboard controls stopped working, most problematically the tab-as-exit one, so if you started, say, reading a book, you'd find yourself rather stuck. Fortunately, however, someone's uploaded a fixed keymap that avoids that problem as well as numerous others, especially for those who remapped certain keys and found that the labels were incorrect. Of course I failed to bookmark it, but I can dig out its link if anyone needs it.

It's my understanding the that 4gb launcher will also look for SKSE to load when you fire it up.

As soon as I heard the issues that PS3 users were having with 1.2 patch, I offlined Steam and have not had it online since. I updated both 4gb memory loader and SKSE to latest. When launching from the 4gb loader I do get an SKSE pop up saying "Please update Skyrim to the latest version" which I ignore, and the game still launches anyway.