DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello, Everyone

WiseMan999

Hi everyone

I came to the TES Alliance after it was recommended by Robin at Skyrim Nexus in his new video blog - I think he mentioned the fact that you have classes in modding so I signed up straight-away. I'd dabbled a bit in modding Oblivion but nothing serious (The most complicated thing was adding a small script to an item - I even messed that up as I added it to the Arena armour rather than creating a new item so all arena armours ran it). Anyway, with the release of Skyrim I thought I'd start trying to learn how to mod again, I have a few ideas I want to put into effect at the moment to do with Dragon Armour and Vampirism/Lycanthropy and how they're implemented, so I've just started on the Enclave schools for Oblivion as presumably a lot will carry over onto the CK. But enough of that.

I'm a very avid reader, although lately I haven't had as much time with Video Games and College getting in my way. The books are mainly Fantasy Fiction, two of my favourite books are The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (which I read a week ago and which kept me up all night - highly recommended!) and The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, as well as quite a few others that are too numerous to go into. As regards Video Games, favourites are of course The Elder Scrolls Series (started with Oblivion :oblivion: but I'm looking to buy Morrowind), but I also enjoy strategy series such as Civilization or Total War. I feel I'm starting to ramble here so I'll finish with this.

TES Alliance over the past week has rapidly become a favourite site of mine, especially the Enclave. I'm glad to say that I'm intending to become a permanent fixture here :D. Thank you everyone for making this such a great site.

WiseMan999

P.S. That sounds like a farewell speech doesn't it :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

:woohoo: Welcome WiseMan999...I`ve been following your progress in the enclave classes...:coolup: Nice work. I learned basically everything there...the modelling classes too I highly recommend. As well as the texturing stuff. Insanity`s normal map tutorials are the best.

You`re soo going to love Morrowind. Takes awhile to get really into but once you get going there`s no turning back.

Stop by the shouty when ya get the chance and say howdy. ...some snacks for your journey... :cookie4u: :cookie4u:

Edited by donnato