DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] eloquate's Game Setting Tweaks

eloquate

eloquate's Game Setting Tweaks

v0.000 ... 01

I've been playing with the alpha version of SkyEdit the last few evenings and have put together a small compilation [WIP] of Global and Game Setting Tweaks.

It is not my intention for this to be an overhaul project, rather, a collection of minor tweaks to use alongside other projects like Duke Patrick's Combat Tweaks or Pluto's Improved Skyrim Experience.

Currently this mod does the following:

Slower TimeScale

Halves the rate at which time passes. Lots more time to enjoy those warm sunsets.

Disable the Kill Camera

Disables the "finisher" moves when you kill an opponent.

Greater Falling Damage

Halves the distance which a player can fall before taking damage. The safe fall distance and fall damage multiplier for NPC's have also been adjusted to match those for a PC. I have tested this tweak during the opening sequence at Helgen to ensure the player can survive the leap from the tower to the Inn (with around 50%+ health), though if others can test this and confirm I've not broken the game I would be very grateful. I'd also like to hear of any potential problem spots where you have to make a sizeable leap.

The archive download contains two directories: one containing all the tweaks in a single plugin, and a second containing each tweak in a separate plugin file with an accompanying text file.

The text files contain details about the various setting in each plugin file and short tutorials on adjusting them further in SkyEdit. Obviously SkyEdit is still in early development and the Creation Kit is nigh on the horizon so my tutorials may not always be up to date with the available tools despite my best intentions. Even so, I hope someone might find them useful.

A further note, more seasoned modders may notice that the seperated plugins contain "dirty" edits. These are variables directly related to those in the plugin and are included for the purposes of those using the tutorials. The compilation plugin contains no dirty edits.

Download:

eloquate_game_setting_tweaks_v0.01.7z

Merry Christmas!

• 1 month later...

No Starting Spells

In a game like Skyrim, I don't like it when decisions are made for me about the sort of character I'm playing. In this instance, I don't really play spell caster type characters, so it's a source of minor irritation that every time I start the game I can shoot fire from my hands and heal mortal wounds with a click of my fingers.

This mod removes the spells Healing and Flames from the Player and adds copies of their respective Spell Tomes to the body of the mage in the torturer's chamber.

This will only affect new characters.

Download:

TESA | eloquate.net

New Modders tip:

If you wanted to change the starting spells or add a whole heap more to starting player, you need to right-click and edit the Player under Actors in the Creation Kit. Select SpellList from the tab along the top of the edit window. Right click in the list of Spells and select New to pick spells. Careful though, this is a list of all the spells in the game, not just those useable by the player so try and have a firm idea of what you want to do before you start. If it all goes horrendously wrong, just delete your plugin and start again.

Enjoy!