DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim ini. general

donnato

Skyrim ini. manipulations

Please, I can`t stress enough how careful you must be when messing with the ini. files. Always backup before making changes and be sure to double check your info sources.

Ok well there has been some discussion in the shouty about working with the Skyrim ini.s. I just thought there should be a place to archive our wins and...losses.

Ok, well Tamira informed me that while in game I could console "saveini" and it would expand the skyrim ini. (which I found in my documente>My games>Skyrim>skyrim ini. ... I knew it had worked because the file size increased to 40.7Kb s. then when I opened it...woohoo...there was lots more to mess with.

So far I backed up the Skyrim_default ini. found in my install directory and added BU to the extension to disable it, then delerted it from my directory, replacing it with my expanded ini. adding the _default to the file name. I`ll back this up too then start making some changes to see if it works...so far...dunno sorry. :shrug: .

Edited by donnato

:woohoo:...OMG...I can`t believe it worked...I wanted to speed up my free cam so I could chase dragons into the sky. It`s kinda what started all this. Anyways after following the above directions I changed ...fFreeCameraRunSpeed = 2.0000.....to 5.0000 (found in the Camera section) and ...f FreeCameraRotationSpeed = 2.0000 ... to 7.0000.

Very noticable differance so...SUCCESS....:coolup:

I do not know whether I get you right - you changed the default.ini? Remember Oblivion: Never ever change the default.ini! It is the one the game creates a new ini from when the original ini is lost. Hope you have backed up the original default.ini somewhere.

But you are right: Always back up ini files before you make changes, in this case you should have backed up your original ini in the MyGames directory and copy the extended new ini somewhere else, then only add the lines you need to your old ini to make some changes. So you need not always mess around with such a huge ini. I keep my "saveini" ini in a different place to look things up.

Great that the free camera works now! :thumbup:

Yes Tamira, that is absolutely correct. I have backed up everything I`ve changed in a seperate folder and labeled as to where each came from. Please note that I have moved my entire skyrim directory to my D drive and make all changes there. The initial steam install is also still intact in it`s original directory.