DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Miku's glitchy eyes, and other bugs

Rowan

BUG #1

gallery_205_82_202018.jpg

As you can see above, Miku has a problem. After playing for a while (or not long at all sometimes) her eyes will glitch out and remain that way until I reboot the game but reloading the save will not. I did use showracemenu once to change a few things (before I read about possible side effects >.< ) I'm guessing that might be the issue, but I haven't read anything about the console command specifically affecting the eyes like this. This is by far the worst glitch. The only mods I have active are a crafting mod, Skyrim Script extender, and SkyUI

BUG #2

I cannot start the quest Blood on the Ice in Windhelm with this character. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Windhelm#Related_Quests

I've tried walking in through the city gates four times during the night, etc... even using the console command "setstage MS11 10" but with no results.

BUG #3

I cannot receive the lover's comfort bonus. I used to be a werewolf but cured myself so I could get the resting bonuses again (for power leveling purposes) but the best I can get is "Well Rested" I'm meeting all the other requirements like not having the Lover's Stone active, and sleeping in the same house as my spouse etc... I've tried different houses and nothing.

Any help with the above issues would be immensely appreciated, thanks!

I've heard that the perk "Shadow Warrior" (100 Sneak) can make your eyes look like that- do you have that perk? If not, then the only other thing I can think of is it might be shout-related, as apparently the "Aura Whisper" shout can make your eyes go wonky, but I am unsure if it's the same kind of wonky that's seen in your example above.

Regarding Windhelm, I've read that if you've begun the Civil War quests (for either side)or the Dark Bro questline, those can disrupt "Blood on the Ice". I've completed that quest successfully, but only with characters that were ignoring those two questlines.

That's all I have, sadly. Hopefully some of the other fine folks here can pitch in and help get you sorted. :)

Yes, I do have the shadow warrior perk, although the glitchy eye bug was present prior when I got that perk. I have also suspected it might be shout related since the glitch seems to happen only after I've been shouting a lot. I will have to test this more thoroughly.

And yeah I've finished both the stormcloak rebellion quest and the dark brotherhood, so that could be why I can't get that quest. But I haven't killed anyone important (I'm pretty sure >.> )

edit: glitchy eyes strike back! I played with the mod active for a longer period of time - putting my character through more situations and apparently although this fix does address at least one way to get the bug, there must be other ways as well, I suspect it has something to do with the killcam cut scenes, but I'm not sure.

edit 2: after doing some more research... it's caused by any sort of invisibility effect.

To truly fix the eye glitch and be sure that it never happens, you would have to do this for:

- Shadow warrior

- Agent of Stealth (Nightingale power)

- Shadow stone power

- Invisibility (spell and potion)

Hopefully the next patch will address this issue or at least a better solution will be possible once the CK comes out... I'm pretty boggled by how many bugs Skyrim actually has.

Edited by Rowan