DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Archived: General Questions

DarkRider

Oh dear...

Is this too much or exactly as it should be if I want Followers and normal roaming NPCs/Critters. ( I am far from done, but this is going to be a 3 cell large "vacation/party paradise")

I do not mind to thoroughly patch up everything with a NavMesh, though is it really required. Not that I tear out my arms and legs and find out it wouldn't have been necessary.

The Native Landscape mesh was far from being that thorough.

http://sta.sh/01qoq9r4hh43

Edited by Rhian

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't really find a specific section that dealt with my issue so I'll just say it and hope this is the right place.

I'm currently trying to edit a location in the CK. The place in question has one of those civil war maps with those red and blue flags that change colour depending on the progress of the civil war quest. You can activate them to update your map as well. However, these flags do not appear in the CK at all so I can't for the life of me find a way to delete them or move them. I can delete the map and the table the map sits on (and basically everything around the flags) but in game the flags still show up floating in mid air.

I would have thought they were activators but they don't seem to even show up in the right list in cell view (unless they're called something deceptive). Are they only viewable from some special window/mode?

In case you're not sure what I'm talking about, these are the flags I'm referring to:

SR-item-Civil_War_Map.jpg

You can delete activators, but if you have visited the location the activator is in, they will still show up in your game because they are now a part of your save game. And a save game overrides all mods you may make to delete them. (This is called a dirty save game).

For reference, all activators are saved in your save game and that is why your save game gets bigger as you visit more locations.

• 7 months later...

Every now and then, when I load up the Creation Kit, instead of everything being totally blank... it will be mostly blank, and will have some random thing like DefaultAshpile1 in the Object Window.  Or for variety, DefaultAshpile2.  This is before I have loaded any mods or skyrim,esm; this is just after the Creation Kit itself loads up.  Any ideas as to what's going on?

The Cell View and Render View windows are blank; this is just the Object Window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did lesson 1 of the basic course, (I had trouble with the lighting) but ignoring that for now, the link to lesson 2 is also broken. ie "you don't have permission"

Use this link to get to the lesson. Send Darkrider a Pm letting him know the link in  the lesson is broken.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/6839-ck-basics-lesson-2/

You should always be able to access the lessons from the main CK Basics Page that lists all the classes and progress reports.

Thanks, but I seemed to have missed something.

There was nothing in the Lesson 1 that I did that told you to add doors (or indeed, how to add doors)

This one has you starting your navmesh from the door, on an inn that has doors. I don't even have a doorway on the second floor.

I don't need the door to add the navmesh, but I'm wondering where I missed out on the door adding bit.

Oh' and I PM'd him about the link.

Edited by olnorton

I no sooner get my lighting problem sorted & now I'm having trouble with the door.
At the end of lesson 2, he says to add FarmHouseDoor01, which I have, but it is the opposite side to the one in his inn.
If I turn the door 180 degrees, I get the round ring handle on the inside (which his doesn't have)
But the problem I have with the door is that I get a glimmer of light from the top edge & one side.
I used snap to grid 16 & tried without it.
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag187/johnandmonica/Skyrim/ScreenShot53_zps98d599d6.jpg~original

The door is a X -256.000, y -352.000, Z 0.000

Edited by olnorton

I'm working on lesson 3 and I have a problem. When my character enters the inn, he falls through the floor before bouncing back into it. I first thought it was because the yellow heading marker was too close to the door so I moved it away but the problem is still there. Any idea about what is causing this?

I'm working on lesson 3 and I have a problem. When my character enters the inn, he falls through the floor before bouncing back into it. I first thought it was because the yellow heading marker was too close to the door so I moved it away but the problem is still there. Any idea about what is causing this?

Help... Almost 24 hours since I posted this and nobody has an answer for me? :crybaby: