DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Archived: General Questions

DarkRider

If you accidentally delete an item in the Object Window list, how can you get it back if ctrl-z doesn't work? For example, say you deleted the official bethesda Object "TreeAspen01" or something like that. Right-clicked in the Object Window, hit delete and confirmed it. Is that change ONLY recorded in the mod you just made, or can you revert to an earlier version of your mod before you deleted that object? Or do you have to reinstall the CK?

I haven't actually made this mistake, but I almost did, and I was curious about how it would be resolved if I accidentally did it in the future. :tardis:

The delete is only recorded in the 'mod' or Plug In file you just made.

You can remove this 'delete' record from you mod easily.

When you go to load the mod,

1. Select your mod

2. Click the Details button

3. Find the object you accidentily deleted in the list.

4. Delete it in this list which will mark it as 'ignored' when your mod is loaded.

5. After loading your mod with the records you want removed 'ignored', save your mod and the deletes are gone.

• Upvote 2

WillieSea is correct though with Skyrim being a bit more unstable than Oblivion I would add, backup your .ESP first.

Of course if the change you made was in your current session and you wouldnt lose much work you can always opt to exit without saving and reload clean. :good:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Is there any way to force something to remain 'un-havokable'? I used a shield and sword to decorate a wall on my final exam. While I was in game I grabbed the shield and the sword fell from the wall. Is there a way to keep that sword there permanently or until it is taken down?

When I look at my mod in the 'details' tab I notice that there are a few other cells that have been 'changed' along with the ones I meant to change. This means that my mod is 'dirty' I believe. How do I fix it up? I tried deleting the changes from the 'details' tab but when I do things like that it ends up doing strange things to other cells. Things float... that kind of thing...

Right now there isn't a really safe/tidy way to clean the mod. Your best bet is to clean it later when TESV Edit is out. Normally lesson #4 covers mod cleaning but the tools aren't there yet. Ignoring things in the details list then load/save works sometimes but in Skyrim it also sometimes corrupts so caution and backups are required :yes:

I have successfully used TESSnip to clean dirty cell edits with great success.

I just cleaned my mod of one cell, and 6 exterior cell navmesh edits.

I did make a backup and had to do it a couple times until I figured out exactly what to remove for each edit.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm brand new to modding but quickly becoming obsessed. I have almost completed the ck tutorials and there is one portion that is giving me trouble. I loaded the plates up with food (four settings at a larger table in the farmhouse) and unchecked "havoc settle" in all of the food items, plates, tanks, and silverware.

When I visit the building in-game, and take one of the items off a plate, all of the plates and food scatter like I shoved the table. Is there some kind of setting I need to adjust besides the havoc settle radio box?

Hmm I'll check that. Thanks DarkRider. Perhaps I mixed those up.

another quick question, I had a huge rock taking up the front yard of my exterior farmhouse. I couldn't find any suitable spots elsewhere in the cell to place it so I just "buried" it by dragging it underground out of sight. Is that a proper way to deal with objects in this case?

I did have everything with "do not havoc settle" selected. I tried setting that for the table too, then unloaded my esp, went into skyrim to save an exit so it would reset, then went back in. When I entered the room everything was good. When I took an item off a plate (a baked potato) the leeks scattered all over the table and the food on three other plates scattered over the table too.. and the plates kind of rattled around.

It's not a huge problem but the detail is nagging me. It doesn't behave like this in vanilla taverns or in homes. Is there some kind of "sensativity setting" that controls this kind of thing besides the havoc radio button?

The only other thing I can think of is that when I placed knives on the table for the first time, it appears I chose a table that has the exact color as the silverware. I may have more than one knife at one of the place settings that I can't seem to select or find, that may not have the havoc setting selected. Would that cause this behavior?

another quick question, I had a huge rock taking up the front yard of my exterior farmhouse. I couldn't find any suitable spots elsewhere in the cell to place it so I just "buried" it by dragging it underground out of sight. Is that a proper way to deal with objects in this case?

From Lesson #3

A close inspection will show a number of trees, rocks, and landscape debris poking through our farmhouse and generally getting in the way. Do NOT delete these object refs. Deleting vanilla objects can cause possible mod conflicts later and even CTDs, always try to be mindful of the impact of other modders in the gameworld; you’re not the only one making changes so make them as compatibly as possible. A good rule of thumb is move it if you can, disable it if you can’t.

Moving a static object below the surface of the land is fine, doing this with havok objects can cause CTDs so be sure you know what you're burying. That said, you still want to check the "Initially Disabled" flag for any ref you hide this way as the game renders objects below the surface too and since they're not visible, it's just a waste of rendering resources you could use elsewhere in your cell. In short, burying statics that are in the way is fine, but disable them too. Most things like rocks I find it easiest to just move within the cell. If the rock is big, you can just scale it down until it sits nicely somewhere. Your choice. :good:

I did have everything with "do not havoc settle" selected. I tried setting that for the table too, then unloaded my esp, went into skyrim to save an exit so it would reset, then went back in. When I entered the room everything was good. When I took an item off a plate (a baked potato) the leeks scattered all over the table and the food on three other plates scattered over the table too.. and the plates kind of rattled around.

It's not a huge problem but the detail is nagging me. It doesn't behave like this in vanilla taverns or in homes. Is there some kind of "sensativity setting" that controls this kind of thing besides the havoc radio button?

The only other thing I can think of is that when I placed knives on the table for the first time, it appears I chose a table that has the exact color as the silverware. I may have more than one knife at one of the place settings that I can't seem to select or find, that may not have the havoc setting selected. Would that cause this behavior?

You're likely either missing some flags, or testing with a dirty save. Make sure you always test with a save that was created before your mod was ever loaded. There's no sensitivity setting or anything like that, without that flag checked stuff will move, if it's checked, it should remain still. If you have a rogue plate that doesn't have that flag selected it COULD cause an issue. Double clicking on the plates listed in the right hand pane of your cell view window for that cell should help you track down such an object if it's buried somewhere. You can even right-click>delete that object if you still can't see it in the render window.

You don't need, and shouldn't set the "Don't Havok Settle" flag on the table. It's static it's not going anywhere :P

• 1 month later...

Hopefully someone can help!! this is my first creation kit venture, Im over 300 hrs into a playerhome/quest mod for skyrim and I cannot seem to get my follower to go inside the house. I have navmeshed under the door as instructed by others and added a main door ref to the front door so... what now? my navmesh also doesnt bring anything up when checking for errors. Ive even navmeshed outside to in the same. please anyone? what allows followers to enter a dwelling>? thankyou

So i'm just modding about my business, then decide to take a nap. When I wake up and go on my computer, the CK is frozen. So i kill the process and relaunch the CK. When I try to load my mod (as the active file of course) I get this Warning.

MASTERFILE: File Update.esm is a higher version than this EXE can load.

"Yes to all" will disable all warnings for this context.

-Yes- -No- -Yes to all-

Yes and Yes to all leads to this error...

Unable to find masterfile: Update.esm (which is false as the .esm is in my data folder)

No just does what it normally does (Asks if you want to leave the program)

Any ideas guys? Was there an update I was not aware today?

EDIT: Apparently I did, shucks, that's what I get for being in online mod, Thanks Steam!...

Edited by TripleSixes