DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Archived: General Questions

DarkRider

• 2 weeks later...

i should have asked sooner but Bioshock, is the right place to ask

I'm trying to put weapon plaques in my final but they seem to only half work, the weapon is mounted and can be taken in game but you cant activate the plaque to put anything on it, i copied the prefab from WarehousePrefabs wholesale and just pasted and moved them into position

out of that and the bookshelves i though the bookshelf would be the one that would not work but it works perfectaly

EDIT: ok i did some investigating in game, it turns out most of the weapon racks in WarehousePrefabs only half work

Edited by nekroskoma

And make sure the 'activator' parts are not on a cardinal degree. Make it one degree off, like 91, or 271, or 181. And make sure to use a clean save game when testing.

i got them all working not long after i posted, but why is this so? (the not on cardinal degrees) just another quirk in the game?

For the release option i have my home using General Stores for storage is this ok? Im still using some of Blarys resources for containers and clutter but i wanted to use GS since its a mod i personally use all the time, and it needs a bit more love

though I'm thinking about removing the general stores, i started building this house along the lines of something i would set up shop in but i fell out of love with idea, though i can do one with GS enabled for shits and giggles later

You may use resources in your exam provided they don't take away from the quality of the work. Resources do not count in your favor, they're predominantly ignored as far as grading unless it impacts the overall mod negatively, then it could cost you points :ok:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again TESA,

I am on a quest to create custom load screens! So here is where I am so far...

I opened the LoadScreen CK object bracket, and duplicated a LoadScreen. I changed the text, the nif, and the conditions to:

S GetRandomPercent NONE <= 15.00 AND
S GetInWorldSpace WorldSpace: 'Tristram' == 1.00 OR

Now if my intuition is correct, the first condition gets a random percent 0-100, and if it is less than or equal  to 15, it checks the next condition (are you zoning into Tristram). I couldn't get the load screen to show in-game. I even cranked the percent to 100.00, and still no dice... There is only ONE video tutorial:

The tutorial was very minimal (easy to understand, just minimal). He didn't even import some settings from other load screens so it won't work the way I want it to if I duplicated his work. The CK wiki section on this is laughable (and the link doesn't even exist to it anymore)
http://www.creationkit.com/LoadScreen

Any ideas on how I can get this to work, in the meantime, i will play with the conditions a little.

I have yet to see custom load screens work. I made some for my mod but lo, they never worked.

(I did put my cells in a custom 'location' and added the load-screens to that.)

So if you actually get them to work I would be very interested in how you did it.

I was successful in making a custom load screen. Here is a comprehensive method of how I went about it.

• Made a new location, just named it, and set a keyword "LocSet***" (since I want this to apply to a worldspace, I set it to LocSetOutdoor)
  • I edited my worldspace to use my new location.
  • Duplicated a load screen, changed the text to preferences, changed the .nif (the model that you can interact with). I used the above conditions in this method, but changed it to "GetInCurrentLoc". This seemed to be the only condition that works for load screens.

More times than not, you will need to adjust the offset of your load screen nif by using the controls in the load screen window.

Edited by TripleSixes

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure whether to ask questions here or in the class area but after reading the above it sounds like here is the preferred place. 

As I'm navmeshing, sometimes I accidentally hit the caplock key.  For a while after I un-caplock, I can't place a point.  Any way to fix that?

Also, Is there a snap to edge feature for navmeshing?  What I mean is, when I place a point in the middle of an edge I'd like to to attach to the edge without having to fiddle with it so much.

Last, why do the 2 green vertices of the previous triangle face a wall or furniture so frequently?  Should I click vertices in a different order perhaps? 

Thank you yet again.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a question for which I have received so far very different answers from my friends...

Can I group together items while modding? I mean really group, like you can do in common 3D software - making them easily moveable as one package? Like "selecting" my entire room and group it to a single set for example. Could be handy if one does multiple rooms that look almost similar (for example for creating an Inn)

One of my friends says it does not work, another said it works but can't remember which option I need...

So far I only can work for now with selecting each single piece and then trying to move the whole selected set. (Though I haven't found how to move multiple items at once up and down... here I only found rotation or horizontal move)

Edited by Rhian

You can select a group of objects by draw selecting with your mouse around the whole group. You can copy/paste groups of objects between cells which is probably easiest. With a whole group selected you can use the hotkeys X, Y, and Z to move the selected objects along the axises. :yes:

Alternatively, you can use Object Palettes (aka OPALs) to put together a custom group of objects in a formation you may use again and again. This technique is outside the purview of this course, but you should find all the info you need on the subject on the CK Wiki page I linked here. :good:

• Upvote 1

Got a couple of questions regarding the NavMesh...

I am currently experimenting and practicing NavMesh placing... (Indoor and Outdoor)

1)

My main question...

Does it matter if verticles are somewhat in the ground or in the air and parts of the entire mesh vanish below the surface?

- I have those issues with shallow water (waterplane inside the mineral pools not the landscape water), where NPCs are supposed to wade through - here the navmesh floats above the water plane.

- I have those issues with landscapes where I added additional objects like volcanic cliffs and mineral pools, bridges and including stairs.

2)

Is there a way to move verticles or whole triangles up and down? I find the "drop" function pretty useless...

- very often the verticle I try to place refuses to end up where I want it - it either won't appear or it floats in the air (I check, there was no stray verticle hiding, it just won't let me place it)

- Very often, when I try the Automatic NavMesh generation, plenty of those NavMeshes end up inside the volcanic cliffs.... I used several volcanic cliffs and mineral pools which are stacked inside of each other to appear more organic or making the area bigger where I want to build on...

Thank you in advance :)

Edited by Rhian

With water you want to adjust the vertices so that they run along the ground under the water; you need to marke the underwater triangles as water paths. If the cliffs are climbable, you need to pull the vertice out to run along the surface of the cliffs. If NPCs can't walk up the cliffs, delete the navmesh. You only navmesh areas that can be navigated. :good:

Hold ctrl and click all the vertices and triangles you want to move. Then hold Z and move the mouse to raise/lower your selection. When you place a vert and it lands up high there is a collision field between your target area and the render window camera. The vert will land on the closest collision surface. Reposition your camera away from other objects or manually adjust the vert. :)

• Upvote 1