DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

My greetings to you

neoprophet7

I have been lurking for some time now and have decided to make myself know a bit. I started my journey with the purchase of a video card which had ES3 as a premium. Vvardenfell was a wonderous country and I was hooked. I have thoroughly enjoyed ES3, 4, and now 5. I am amazed at the beauty and depth of the graphics and the progression of the interaction of the NPCs with the player. I have also enjoyed Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

I dabbled a bit in making some mods for myself for ES3 and really enjoyed the fact that I could customize the game to some of my own preferences. I modified the game to make a home for myself on a mountain slope with a wonderful view, which was equipped with places to store my treasure. But now, after playing Skyrim for a bit, (just got it about two months ago) there are some things I would like to take the opportunity to enhance or change. I have searched for other mods that have already been done, but there is a satisfaction that comes when you are able to use something you have created yourself.

I have one problem, however. Not sure where to ask this, but will do so here. After loading the CK, the first thing I noticed was the AutoLoadDoor01 warnings. I said yes to ignore them and the CK loaded. But here is the biggest problem. When I went to save my first .esm I received the warning, "You must close all open Dialog Boxes before saving". I have no clue where or what these are so I can delete them. And the CK will not allow me to save anything until I do.

Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

Neo

• Upvote 1

Welcome to TESA! :thumbup:

I think you mean .esp file, unless I missed it somewhere that the CK can make master files. Anyway, that means that there's still a window in the CK open besides the Object Window, the Cell Window and the Cell View Window that needs to be closed. You can always ask more in The Skyrim Modding School here at TESA. :yes:

Hi Neoprophet7 and welcome to a non-lurking visibility! Have a cookie... :cookie4u:

With regard to your question, I wonder if you answered "yes" to only the first pop-up error window when you started CK... I click "Yes to all" rather than go through them one by one. If (somehow) one of those many windows is still open, that might be the underlying source of your issue. And have you tried to replicate the problem?

OldGrizz

Sometimes one of the windows will get hidden behind the ones that are open by default. Specially if you were editing something and went back to check on something else in one of he other windows. Move each one (probably the render window would be the prime suspect for hiding something. Move it until you can see behind it. Close the dialogue box and dran the render window back into place. Repeat as necessary with the other boxes if needed.

And Weclome to TESA Have a :cookie4u: on me to enjoy while working.

Well I just got back from work and can respond. Thanks for responding.

OldGrizz > I thought that too. But, I have restarted the CK and answered yes to the warnings to ignore both individually and yes to all. That hasn't seemed to make any difference so far.

Arion > Very astute observation, however, I searched under, around, and behind everything I can think of in the CK application and on my desktop. I haven't found anything hiding so far.

Oh, and by the way, cookies are one of my most favorite desserts! Thanks very much.

Neo

Welcome to TESA, Neo!

The Oblivion CS would very occasionally do that to me also, even though I was quite sure I had no dialog boxes open. There was a setting the ConstructionSet.ini called bAllowUnsafeSave=0, and changing that to 0 to a 1 allowed me to save even if there were really windows open (which is generally not a good idea), but it made sure I never lost work to that bug anymore at least. That setting also exists in the SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini in your Skyrim directory, so perhaps setting its value to 1 will allow you to save also. :)

And while you're testing that out, please be invite to stuff your face: :cookie4u: :cookie4u: :cookie4u:

Edited by Khettienna