DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Seeking LIghter, Bluer and more Colourful Nights...

CrisG9

I wanted to ask advice and suggestions for mods that can give us lighter and bluer nights. The night textures and environment in Vanilla Skyrim are pale and washed out and tinted to the red and brown range..like old faded photographs. I was hoping to avoid the ENB path, as my system is basic and I can only run on low settings, having only a Nvida 9600 card and 3 GB of RAM. If anyone can suggest the ini settings to tweak that might be the easiest path. I would also like to enhance the colours in night time, it is so pale and washed out...i loved the night time in Oblvion and would like to try to regain some of that colour if possible without too much additional additon to processing. thanks for any help.

this is what I have currently when it is night...

campingskyrimstyle.jpg

thefirefixed.jpg

really the most important thing is possibly a way to control the colour intensity..that might do the trick.....as most of the time night is light enough.

not directly related but i would also like to find a mod that make the characters hold torches UP in the air, not down to the side, i have no idea why Beth did that, but it is a good way to turn up your hand and really makes torch carrying look awkward and unrealistic.

Edited by CrisG9

Realistic Lighting looks possible but i am not sure about how dark it makes things and if that is adjustable, the read me says it was designed to make interiors darker, which i agree with to a point, the house interiors are totally unrealistic in many ways ...but the nights i dont want to be dark dark, just bluer and lighter. I guess if we install that with the Manager we can turn it on and off to see and not lose our base settings. any one have good experiences with Realistic Lighting?

Yes overall i do like RL a lot, your pics are lovely. The one thing i can adjsut and hope to is intensity of colour at night and also a bit lighter and bluer ...but for now, i will settle for more intesnstiy of colour. So far i have not figured it out..he says to turn DOWN the setting like to .8 for brighter caves and dungons and turn UP brightness for brighetr shadows during day

but i am not sure if we should turn brightness UP ..ie from .1.0 to say 1.5 like some of the cutsom inis do...or down for brighter nights.. ...or more saturated colour nights....the night of the default RL seems pale, it is what my pictures are running ..i think..if i intalled it right, I may try Sydney666's ini, but another questions i have, hs says in the read me ..

there are alternative snow textures...and also a default ini that we can run to get back vanilla Skyrim environment. I did not see either in any of the downloads....is there a special place we need to go to get those?