DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Problem with NPC's in my settlement Mod

screamingabdab

Hello folks, just found this very nice looking site and was hoping someone would be able to help me out with a major problem I've encountered.

I'll start at the beginning. I found a bit of wilderness south of Rorikstead, went through the process of claiming it, landscaping it, building my settlement, nav-meshing it, setting a Location for it.

Then I made several NPC's. They work fine, run their packages as they should etc.

The problem arises when you leave the settlement and fast travel back. Everytime this is done. The main building disappears along with a big piece of rock and all the NPC's get spawned in one spot.

When this first happened the spot wasn't nav-meshed so I adjusted the nav-mesh to include the spot. No change.

I removed the static rock ledge they spawned on, raised the ground level to fit, nav-meshed that. Still no change.

They just spawn to that one spot and stand around.

I know for a fact they can get out of the area, because I set a patrol that goes through it. Went their for the first time and waiting until the NPC walked through it, which he did without any problem.

I've tried it with a totally fresh, lvl 1 save and it still happens. I've tried everything I can think of.

I'm really, really hoping that someone here can help me out, because this is the only thing stopping me releasing my mod as everything else works fine.

Cheers for reading, got my fingers crossed for incoming help :)

OK so after a bit of further reading I've come to the conclusion that this is all down to the notorious "nav-mesh bug"

So I've one simple question, as I didn't know about the bug when I started I never changed the Editor ID of the exterior nav-mesh before modifying it and saving it as an .ESP

Is there anyway to somehow fix what I've done? Everything for the mod is in the same .ESP, that's 5 interiors, 6 NPC's with accompanying Faction stuff & Packages.

Is it possible to somehow get everything that isn't directly linked to the exterior cell out & saved as a new .ESP?

Then I can just (just said with a big sigh) re-work the exterior again, but re-name it's nav-mesh first.

Cheers, a very frustrating and disappointed first time modder.

Thanks for the link man, I'll take a look at that.

Fingers crossed I can rescue the majority of the mod.

And on the bright side the exterior will be twice as good second time around :)

EDIT - AARRGGGHHHHH! I'm really getting fed up with this,

Just downloaded and attempted to use that tool and I constantly get the following error message -

Subrecord block did not match the size specified in the record header.

Any ideas on what that means?

Doesn't matter what I try to open with it, always get them same error.

Seriously beginning to think it just wasn't want me to get my mod out :(

Edited by screamingabdab