DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim Horde Mode - A Mod In Progress

squall1150

Hello,

I am making a mod for Skyrim which consists of an Arena (Based on a coliseum located in Tunisia but due to

limitations had to be altered.) and in that Arena, a horde mode. (A horde mode is a mode where you take on

wave after wave of enemies that progressively get harder.)

I will be explaining this mod in more detail when it comes closer to it's finishing date, however,

I have taken some screenshots and will post links below to give you a glimpse of what's to come.

This mod was created using a Gtx 470 therefore I am not sure if lower end cards would experience FPS drops,

if this is the case, be sure to let me know so I can make an attempt at stabilizing the mod for all cards.

If you have anything to ask or anything to suggest, send me a Pm or leave me a comment.

I am currently experiencing a problem also if anyone would with the knowledge could help

me, a summary of the problem would be, much like in vanilla Skyrim, if you go into a cave,

kill all the enemies there, leave, and re-enter, the enemies would still be dead, I need help

to fix this problem as I want it to reset everytime you enter, any help on this matter would speed

up the process and I would be very greatful!

Thank you for your time

(Screenshot of the coliseum whilst stood at the top)

2012032500001.jpg

(Screenshot of the coliseum whilst on the ground)

2012032500003q.jpg

(Screenshot of the coliseum whilst stood at the top facing towards the entrance)

2012032500002s.jpg

Thats a nice looking colisium. :thumbsup:

The 'Arena' I created has a battle mode that constantly spawns in enemies every 20 seconds, up to a max that I set (4) and the enemies are randomly picked. When they are killed, after a few seconds, the items they were carrying are placed in the 'spoils' chest and they disintigrate in a firey explosion, thus cleaning up the bodies.

Body being consumed: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=19414

Watching a battle: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=19337

Spoils chest: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=19384

The levers also turn on and off the dwarven spinning sword traps below. Outside of battle mode you can use another lever to 'clean' up all the bodies when your done.

I might be able to help you out if you like.

Yes please williesea

I have many idea but i cant do them because i just dont know how to do things, mostly scripting.

Here is what i will be doing very for the horde mode.

The way the player will be fighting is there will be drauger coffins along the inside of the walls this is the wave, first 5 drauger's will open

and attack the player from diffrent sides, theres drauger will have ondeath scripts.

when you kill one of the 5 draugers the on death script will activate and another lot of drauger will actiavte maybe more than 5.

This carry's on the waves will get harder and harder, when you get to a point in the fighting u will have diffrent enemys activate.

This will make the player use potion before a fight and right after.

the enemys will come at you from a diffrent direction every time adding supries to the fight.

and there is still a lot more idea's to come.

thank you for all your comments.

I can help with specific things, but I don't have the time for much more than that. I have my own mod I am working on and a family, so time is short for me.

Here is the onDeath script I have on my 'auto-cleanup' enemies. I add one to a global counter when its spawned (OnInit) and when it dies, I subtract one from the global. That is how I keep track of how many enemies are active at anyone time. The controlling script then decides when to spawn another random enemy at a random location.

Event OnInit()
LevelersArenaCombatGBL.SetValue(LevelersArenaCombatGBL.GetValue() + 1)
EndEvent

Event OnDeath(Actor akKiller)
LevelersArenaCombatGBL.SetValue(LevelersArenaCombatGBL.GetValue() - 1)
Utility.Wait(5)
RemoveAllItems(akTransferTo = LevelersArenaChestREF)
placeAtMe(LevelersExplosionArenaDeath01)
Utility.Wait(0.3)
Delete()
EndEvent[/code]