DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQ] Animated Textures

Meo

Has anyone figured out how it works yet?

A long time ago, during the third era, I began working on an ayleid stargate. It was ok I guess, if you sift through my images you'll find it. Anyway, I made a puddle to go with it, using animated textures, its magnificent, the ripple effect is stunning, if only I could take the credit for the texture. Moving on...

As you may know, I made a real stargate recently, this one is for Skyrim. And I really want to release that animated puddle with it, problem is, the animated texture thingy changed with Fallout 3 and now Skyrim, and since im a super noob at Nifskope, im literally loosing it, trying desperately to understand but failing miserably.

I need a good soul to teach me how to do it. I say teach cause its a 110 pics animation, that means setting 110 keys, thats torture and wouldnt wish that on anyone. Unless you like to suffer, then we might come to an arrangement. In form of cookies of course.

Anyone here brave enough to attempt to please me?

:cookie4u:

PS: You'll even get the glory of the Animated Textures Tutorial for Skyrim, thats sweet!

*sees a cookie lying around*

If it was Oblivion, I could probably do it. That's a simple .kf attached to the nif. I honestly have no idea if Skyrim even uses .kf's for animation and since I play on Xbox, I don't even have the assets to look up an existing one. Unless you want to send me one that I can dissect.