DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[OB] Problem with integrating custom DDS file against NIF file under NIFScope

KWITS

Good Day,

I use Paint.Net or GIMP to customize DDS images. I use NIFScope to customize existing vanilla NIF files. All modding is in support of TESIV plug-in development. When viewed under the CS, the staff that I have modified no longer displays any texture, much less the one I specified under NIFScope. What is my causing this issue?

Cheers,

KWITS

Hmm, ok, first of all, never ever use a static path to your texture. That texture source should always start with /textures

It's looking more like the problem is the texture itself. I don't know Paint.net that well, does it use Layers? Did you flatten/merge all the layers before you saved as a dds?

I simply modified an existing DDS file and then changed the color and added another superimposed image. Yes, Paint.Net support multiple layers and yes all images are flattened by default. However, I suspect the problem is the the image's formatting or size. How should a DDS file be formatted under TESIV to insure stability? I under there are several modes in which to save a DDS file.

While using NIFScope, I have noticed that this tool has an override for color and hue in support of its referenced DDS file. I am trying to change the color of a hubstonewall that is used for Sacretor but am unable to make the change. I can view the actual color of the DDS file in question under NIFScope but as soon as I change the reference back to relative and save, the NIF file references the original color scheme.