DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[OB] How to use Blender v2.49b in support of NIF files

KWITS

Ok, based on that picture, first of all you have far too many seams. Not necessary to mark every loop.

Secondly, don't use Edge Loop Select. Picture in your mind how to "unfold" that cylinder into a flat 2D object, then manually mark continuous edges. Basically, select edges up one side only.

If you're not getting any output in the UV window then you haven't selected everything before you unwrapped.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a big problem with Edge Select. According to Vince's tutorial, he seamlessly clicked his mouse and ran along the edges of his object with ease. Unfortunately, I did not see any of his key functions in the video.

Looks like what you`re calling a duplicate is just both sides laid out flat. In the UV window you can select a vert and hit L to select the whole island ( just one side), then you can G to grab and move, or R to rotate (type in 90 , 180, .etc to rotate ecactly). Hana, I think the "pencil" thing Kwits refers to is the diagonal Edge Select button. I don`t know about edge slide. Also, when you G to grab, you can also hit the X or Y to move just along that axis. I`m thinking you`re going to want to align the object with the runes rather than across them.

Hang in there Kwits. You`re getting there. :pints:

I found out how to shrink the item down to size by using the 'S' key in Blender. I even experimented with a halo effect; it is working in the game but it is not the color I chose and is almost invisible. I also noticed that without a collision configured for my new staff object that the object is essentially static and can't be picked up by the Player. Do you have any ideas?

Okay now I have finally configured a collision box around my staff so my Player can pick it up and add it to his inventory. However, the location in which the staff is being held is backwards. How do I align the correct location?

Ok first, select the collision box and press S (for scale) then X, or Y, depending on which axis you want to scale then hold rmb and shrink or enlarge as desired. Next, I don`t know about nifskope but in Blender...with the vanilla staff (not moved) as a guide move your model and collision over the vanilla guide. Delete guide. In object mode hit N for the transform properties box, then Ctrl+A , click on scale and rotation to ob data. Close both. Make sure your model and collision box are selected...reexport. Maybe...