DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help with a bug in the quest: Diplomatic Immunity

Altrunchen

Hello so I was trying to play the main questline when I came to the quest: diplomatic immunity.

I got as far as the Thalmor Embassy. When I got off the cart and spoke to the guard, he simply just said "need something?" instead of initiating the quest dialogue. I could use the console to open up the locked door, but I remember that when I tried that that the distraction never happened even though I got through the necessary dialogue. Is there any way I can simply get into the embassy (I suppose I will have to use the 'unlock' command) and just advance the quest to the next stage? I know that there are console commands for this, I just don't know what they are unfortunately.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

The quest stages can be found at the bottom of the Wiki page here along with directions on how to perform the console commands.

Please take note of all bugs listed on the page and try any solutions provided before considering advancing a quest through console commands. The console commands in quests are permanent and the only way to "undo" what has been changed is by going back in time to an earlier save. It is claimed on the Wiki page the stages can be undone, however, I'm not certain I would throw fate to the wind.

When I did that quest I simple talked to any guest there about a "distraction" then wait for an update. Then the Wood Elf (I don't remember his name now) unlock the side door with the bar and let me inside to a chest were I found my stuff which he had smuggled in earlier.

The quest stages can be found at the bottom of the Wiki page here along with directions on how to perform the console commands.

Please take note of all bugs listed on the page and try any solutions provided before considering advancing a quest through console commands. The console commands in quests are permanent and the only way to "undo" what has been changed is by going back in time to an earlier save. It is claimed on the Wiki page the stages can be undone, however, I'm not certain I would throw fate to the wind.

Thank you, I suppose I will just have to be more observant in the future. When I looked around I just looked at the bugs and was disheartened when I found that the one I was experiencing had no suggested solutions. Thank you again!