DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Any Help for Awful Skyrim Interior Lighting?

CrisG9

I am returning to Skyrim after some months away, and am once again appallled at the awful lighting in many of the default vanilla interiors, esp the Inns and palaces ...it is bright, garish and has no subtlety, or nuance. Oblvion lighting is much softer and more sensitive. Are there mods anyone can suggest to improve interior lighiting that wont take a super comptuer to run? i am on the edge with my set up, XP single core, and 9600 FX card, i have to refresh in each new cell when exploring to get all the data, and so i need to do what i can with what I have.

I hope to find some way to soften the lighting and maybe add some nuance to it, so it is not so stark and glaring, there are ho half lights or backlights and the individual lights such as cancles and fire do not throw any actual light at all that i can see...

i am sure this has been discussed tons of times but i have never had the chance to ask here for advice on this, i am ok with the exterior environment now found a good set up for that, and this weird lighting is ok for dungeons and caves and such as it is dramatic and fun for that, but the interiors are lousy.

any ideas or suggestions very welcome. :)

Its my understand that ThatWelchGuy is workignon his Immersive Interiors mod that he had for Oblivion and is now working on the Skyrim version. Other than that I haven't heard of anything for interiors.

And welcome back from the overworked and underpaid crowd :P

heheh, hi there Arion, thanks , it is nce to be back and to be back exploring and making progress in Skyrim too. OK, i will be hopeful re interiors, i dont mean to sound grumpy about it, but i really hate to go to new places...and to find such garish and unwelcoming interiors where the light is either glaringly bright or non existent.....and no subtle shades or reflected or thrown light from fireplaces or candles or lights. I had to work hard to get those effects in my mod work for Skyrim and i guess they just gave up on it in the Vanilla work up. I will try Realistic, i had it loaded at one point but i think i turned it off. I had a mess up with the Mod manger which wont work for me any more so i will have to tread lightly as i have close to 30 mods on now. thanks for thos replies.

If you're making your own levels... go to the ambiant light area and kill everything off and change as needed. To me personally? I like killing all ambiant light and using the lights because I can set a better mood, and highlight what I want seen. Sometimes lower lighting provides a better mood.