DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello, My Name Is Raist!

Raist11

Hiya, just the obligatory greeting message. Let's see here. My first video game I played would have been Pong on our Intellivision, in time a neighbor got an Atari, WOW!! I couldn't even tell you the names of the computer games I played on the Texas Instruments 99/4A that Dad eventually bought for us. In time though we upgraded, Then I got to play games like Zork! Holy crap that was amazing. I have to admit though, the consoles won me over.

Earlier this year I decided I wanted to try out mods. So I bought Oblivion for my PC and loved it. I have since bought a new computer (mid range) and now play Skyrim on PC as well. (Of course I had already bought both for Xbox already).

I've made a couple very VERY minor mods for my personal use. (nothing worthy of offering to the public). But I need to learn more about it rather than stumbling my way through. So, I came here. :D

I do believe if you've read this far, I should probably offer YOU a cookie. :cookie4u:

Raist

Well you've come to the right place... Here's the obligatory link to the CK Introductory Basic class http://tesalliance.o...ion-kit-basics/ . An it comes with :cookie4u: and :OJ: for energy while your taking the classes.

Have fun and welcome to TESA

Thank you, that's exactly why I joined. After looking a little bit this seemed like an excellent place for learning. After joining last night I actually sat down and did the first lesson. I think the instructions are great, enough to teach you but not so much that it's just holding your hand while doing it.

Pong huh? My parents had one of those but I got my start with the Atari 2600. I moved onto a Commodore 64 after that, got a 128, then moved onto a 486DX2/66 Packard Bell. It's nice to know that I'm not totally surrounded by kids here. ;)

Have a cookie. :cookie4u:

Pong huh? My parents had one of those but I got my start with the Atari 2600. I moved onto a Commodore 64 after that, got a 128, then moved onto a 486DX2/66 Packard Bell. It's nice to know that I'm not totally surrounded by kids here. ;)

Have a cookie. :cookie4u:

I envied you! We had the TI but then my uber lucky Dad wona Commodore 64 from BurgerKing (kinda odd but he did). Our big step up was a 386 (which is where the envy comes in). I can't remember many details about the 386. Heck, I bet Dad still has it come to think of it (not using it though).

I do remember wanting to get onto the internet in '92 I think it was but I needed more ram. So I spent about $500 for 6 mb of ram, I think. I had 2mb already but needed 8 to go online. The NEXT year that same ram was like $50! I had a total fit! :P I still couldn't run images on most websites though, they'd take forever to load.

And now, you can get 4gb for what, $40 I think. Sheesh. :P

Edited by Raist11

Perhaps I'll just ask this here. To join the class do I just go ahead and post my images of my project in the Lesson #1 thread? It seems there are different sessions so I wasn't sure if there was somewhere to officially register for the class or what. The info on that seems a little vague.

Edited by Raist11

Perhaps I'll just ask this here. To join the class do I just go ahead and post my images of my project in the Lesson #1 thread? It seems there are different sessions so I wasn't sure if there was somewhere to officially register for the class or what. The info on that seems a little vague.

You can Private Message DarkRider and ask to be included in the class or you can just post the required screenshots for lesson one and he'll automatically add you to the class.

Enjoy yourself. :cookie4u:

I envied you! We had the TI but then my uber lucky Dad wona Commodore 64 from BurgerKing (kinda odd but he did). Our big step up was a 386 (which is where the envy comes in). I can't remember many details about the 386. Heck, I bet Dad still has it come to think of it (not using it though).

There are days I wish I had kept that C128, but a friend of the family needed a computer so I donated it. Eh well, I probably wouldn't be using it much anyway.

I do remember wanting to get onto the internet in '92 I think it was but I needed more ram. So I spent about $500 for 6 mb of ram, I think. I had 2mb already but needed 8 to go online. The NEXT year that same ram was like $50! I had a total fit! :P I still couldn't run images on most websites though, they'd take forever to load. I don't think I had any issues going online, but I do remember going from a 14.4k to a 28.8k to a 33.6k and finishing with a 56k before getting a cable connection. I do NOT miss the days of dial-up. :stare:

And now, you can get 4gb for what, $40 I think. Sheesh. :P

Something like that. ;) I started building my own systems after I bought an AMD 586 on consignment. I think I upgraded it a few times before I built a new one.

When I first saw your name, I thought about asking how Caramon was doing. :lol: