DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WHERE is FraNewItems.bsa?

dogmeat

Thank you for your reply. However, that's where I came from, those two sites that is. Already wrye bash/bained and Francescos Creatures and Items was installed fine. FCOM was installed perfectly. I just can't find FraNewItems.bsa. I even looked though the inside 7z file, but there's none. I'm curious, were you able to find one and if you did, can you tell me where? Thanks again.

• 11 months later...

After a bit of searching it looks like  "FraNewItems.bsa" in V5 is incorporated in "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa"

Source

Wfere do you find the Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa download. The fcom site links to the mods nexus site: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40190/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D40190&pUp=1 but there you can only download these: Francescos Creature and items - V5B1 and Francescos Creatures and items -V5B2 update.

Perhaps I have completaly missunderstood it all and the resoursce file is somewhere within the bain file (Francescos Creatures and Items - V5B1).

EDIT: I did some digging in my Francescos Creatures and items - V5B1 rar file, and I found the Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa!!

So that's good, my only issue is I don't know what to do with it. I opened the bsa file using notepad which... you cn probebly imagine how it looked. What program should I use to open, and be able to

read the bsa file? 

Or should I maybe go around this problem differently, the bsa file I am supposed to change the name of is it found in the ini file after instillation or what?

EDIT 2: Ok, forget what I wrote, I managed to solve the issue, for me FCOM is now up and running, I'll be making a new thead with instructions to how I solved it. Thx for your help. Darkstone, the link which you gave me is what I needed thx.

Edited by Matmannen

• 4 weeks later...

Just took a look at this thread.

The question at hand here still hasn't been answeard directly, or at least, been answeared so one can understand it.

For Francescos Creatures and Items - V5 to be installed with FCOM you need FraNewItems.bsa which, has been confimed in the previous posts in this thread and in addition I myself have Checked the V5B1 B5B2 Update files of Francescos and the according installation Wiki's and FCOM related Pages to not be accessible, at least, not in a previous version.

Now, someone comes along and says FraNewItems.bsa IS in the Francescos Creatures and Items - V5 files offered on the nexus, but has been integrated with "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa" contained within these files.

But here's the problem with this reply:

We still don't know if we have to still rename "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa" to FCOM_Convergence_FraNewItems.bsa or if we still need FraNewItems.bsa to rename it to FCOM_Convergence_FraNewItems.bsa alongside "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa" in the load order for Oblivion.

For starters, If you don't need FraNewItems.bsa, then it shouldn't even be stated to be required on any part of the FCOM 1.0 page, on the TESAlliance, or the Oblvion Wiki and merely state that it has been integrated with "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa" as this is plain misleading.

But I need an answear to this myself, do I need FraNewItems.bsa at all? or is "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa" all I need now?

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of searching it looks like  "FraNewItems.bsa" in V5 is incorporated in "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa"

Source

In the link darkstone provided, SomeWelshGuy indicates that FraNewItems.bsa is integrated into the new Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa included with v5.  He then goes on to say that you can either rename the file as with previous versions, or just leave it as it is.  However, should you choose to rename it, you must deactivate the associate .esp file that carries the same name as the .bsa.  IMO, it's probably better to leave well enough alone.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get FCOM up and running myself.  I still can't exit the sewers and enemy corpses are green.  I am aware that these problems are related to missing resources, but the usual solutions don't work, i.e. see above.  The real problem is all of the FCOM installation guides, as well as the readme's for the latest versions of the associated FCOM mods, appear to be out of date.  Even the most recently updated guides still direct modders to perform steps that are no longer necessary, and even use patches that actually conflict i.e. Cobl for OOO and MMM, while others exclude patches that are necessary for certain mods like EVE HGEC and Harvest Flora for SI.  :wallbash:

Sources:

http://www.somethingfornobody.com/wiki/index.php?title=Oblivion

http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.php/FCOM

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/fcomloadorderexpanded.html

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1464623-relz-fcom-convergence-10/

http://www.gameskyrim.com/fcom-patches-compatible-with-fcom-t275557.html

EDIT:
So, it turns out it was my mistake:

Winrar couldn't extract the bsa's for multiple mods for some reason so, even though the files were there after repackaging them
for BAIN, they were emtpy (0 Kb).  I was just about to give up when I just happened to notice this in the Data folder.  I used 7zip
Instead, and now everything involving FCOM is up and running so far.
Edited by chru55ell