DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Dawnguard

l0new0lf331

I'm not certain this is the right forum.I'm having issues with some CTD's and am wondering if this might be causing the issues.When I open Wrye Bash Dawnguard has a red background which according to the read me means it should be deactivated.But if I do that then Deadly Dragons and a couple of others get deactivated as well.They don't get merged as far as I can tell,so what do I do?

My CTD's:Always outside Markarth.I get just past the bridge to Left Hand Mine.Everytime I go by there instant CTD.Google turned up nothing except a main quest issue and only one post described my issue exact with no resolve to the problem.

Also since BOSS let me know there is a new Realistic Lighting version out I upgraded and get CTD's after about an hour of play time.It's either RL or Forgotten Mastery the replacement of Deadly Dragons Spells which is still in.I think it's RL but I put them both in about the same time so.......When I take out RL no CTD's but when I put it in I start crashing.The readme says to load it last so I do.It is currently after my bashed patch.With RL is there save game bloat like there was in Oblivion's Realistic Lighting?And if so is there a way to clean it like before with Wrye?

Well, it sounds like you have a couple of issues here.

First, don't deactivate Dawnguard.esm in Bash. Never deactivate an esm. It should probably merge in the bashed patch (just guessing, I don't have it) but the only merging a bashed patch currently does is leveled lists. The others get deactivated because they have dependencies on Dawnguard.esm.

As for the CTD's... there's nothing Dawnguard adds in that area, so that's not the cause. The best way to track CTD's is to uninstall all your mods and start a new character on vanilla, go to that area and test. If it's fine, add one mod at a time, and test between each.

I haven't heard of any issues with RL but yes, you can do a basic clean of mods from Bash. You might want to verify the mod comments on Nexus to see if anyone else is reporting issues.