DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[OB] Texture oddity, can somebody explain?

Gramblosh

I've been using DarkUI'd DarN for a while but always thought the scrolls look a bit odd, now I have found this mod by Evandarto replace the scroll background, out of the box it doesn't work cause DarkUI'd DarN uses a different directory and filename, so I have changed that, and when set to high texture quality it works and looks nice. So far, so good.

I have a DarkUI'd DarN tutorial I wrote (in German) and wanted to integrate that topic and started testing stuff with medium texture quality and just get a blocky surface of colors. So I checked the files - DarkUI and Evandar - and they are technically identical (dxt3, 1024x1024 pixels, no mipmaps, about 1 MB in size). Opened the Evandar file in GIMP saved it using the of the DarkUI file settings, still blocky colors. Than I saved it using mipmaps and it works just fine (anyway, file size is now bigger). Question: Why? I don't get that, the original file works without mipmaps, the replaced file needs mipmaps. It can't be a problem of DarUI'd DarN, cause I have tested it a couple of times with different texture quality. And it is just the scroll-background.dds file, the scroll-roll.dds works fine. Also tried the same with the book background and have the same problem.

Here are some screenshots

abgypZlM.jpg aciY7G3c.jpg

No big thing, managed to get it working but somehow I want to understand.

Edited by Gramblosh