DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

(WIP) Varnand Heists - Additional Thieves Guild Questline - Official Thread

Penguinchao

So this is a project I've been working on for the better part of 6 months; after roaming the web and keeping all the info in-house, I've decided to settle down here. It will add a variety of new things to the game that will be listed below. This is your go-to source for all information, questions, and Download Links.Official Description (WIP) - "What if there was a darker side to the Thieves Guild? Usually people like Brynjolf just go and intimidate those that owe the Guild money, but what happens to the ones who try to rip the Guild off and can't pay them back? In this questline, you'll meet a man named Varnand who will show you just how dirty some people have to get their hands to keep the Guild running smoothly."What does this Mod do?

• Adds a series of quests related to the Thieves Guild (there are RPG aspects to it, and the player has the option to make choices along the way that will affect the outcome of the story).
  • Adds a variety of new characters (including potential followers).
  • Adds unique weapons, summons, enchantments, spells, potions, clothing, a dungeon, dragon mask, and dragon.
  • Skill-related speech challenges (not based on speech skill, but instead the related skill)
  • Custom Boss battle Music

Main Character List (Spoiler Warning):

• Varnand - Your main contact (Voiced by Steven Kotopoulis aka AbyssalPhoenix) - Preview
  • Brandr - Master thief (Voiced by Eric Mejia)
  • Mabrel - Leader of a small Island, 3rd side of final conflict (as opposed to Brandr or Varnand). It is possible for her to side with Brandr.
  • Aurane - Mabrel's assistant, loyal to Mabrel
  • Viguri - Brandr's partner in crime
  • Peric - Information supplier
  • Ulfgar - Master Destruction Mage
  • Viththurnax - New Dragon (Name means "Serpent, Overlord, Cruelty")
  • Tahrodiis - New Dragon Priest (Name means "Treacherous")
  • Joldi - Viguri's Daughter
  • Braste - Viguri's Wife
  • More to come!

Quests (Currently developed or in-progress; more will be added):

• The Lonely Wanderer
  • Ra'jarr's Folly
  • Yadba Shugar
  • Bregor
  • Family Ties
  • A Game at Dinner" is a possible name
  • The Informant
  • Dangerous Knowledge
  • VH009 (Temporary Developer's name)
  • More quests to be added in between here!
  • Final Quest (Temporary Developer's name)

Quest Summaries (Spoiler Warning):

1. The Lonely Wanderer: A very straightforward quest. It is a simply travel-then-kill mission. The target is easy and alone.

2. Ra'jarr's Folly: Simple travel-then-kill, but slightly harder than the previous. Ra'jarr is a member of the khajiit caravans, so he is not alone. He possesses Aggro-Radius behavior, and will draw his weapon if you get too close.

3. Yabda Shugar: Simple (travel-kill-then-retrieve), but harder than the previous. Yabda is a bandit who resides at the very bottom of a fort, so the player must fight through bandits to get to him. Player must retrieve a gem from his body.

4. Bregor: Simple (travel-find-kill-then-retrieve). He is a necromancer hiding in the catacombs of Whiterun. Player must kill him and retrieve an amulet.

5. Family Ties: RPG Quest. Player has to "torture" a man named Viguri. The player can choose to pressure him for money, steal his daughter's medicine (and has the option to poison it), then use it to ransom it for money, or give it back for free, to slaughter his family (resulting in him trying to kill the player), or let him go. This quest will affect future quests in several ways.

6. A Game at Dinner: Simple (travel-kill-plant-evidence) Player must kill the target, then plant evidence to incriminate the target's colleague.

7. The Informant: RPG. Player must try to convince a man by the name of Peric to help the Guild, but he refuses. The player must let him go or kill him. This decision will affect later quests. The player will also meet Varnand's brother, Brandr. Brandr becomes the player's partner and adds signifiant story and advice throught future quests.

8. Dangerous Knowledge: RPG. The player is told to kill a man and take his diary, but if the player decides to speak with him, he will give his diary away (this quest is still under development). This decision will affect later quests

9. VH009: RPG/Simple? This quest is very new, and has little work done on it. This is a heist quest. If Viguri was not killed in "Family Ties" he will be present as a guard; depending on the player's previous actions, Viguri will let the player through, attack him, or simply refuse to let the player through. I'm thinking that the player will venture to the Woodland Island (listed in resources below), complete several subquests there, then return to Varnand.

10. Final Quest: (Very subject to change) The player ventures to a dungeon, but at the end is faced with Varnand performing a dark ritual in the presence of a dragon. Brandr has gathered together all of the targets that the player has let live (each one is heavily equipped for battle). The player has the choice between siding with the evil Varnand (and the dragon) or his brother, Brandr (and the previous targets). This is the hardest fight in the game; everybody is level 60-70+ and the dragon will use various shouts against the player every several seconds (Fire, Frost, Unrelenting Force, and a new electric shout that only this dragon can do), each shout getting progressively worse. Unique boss music will play during this fight. There are also new and unique weapons that are introduced in this quest. Player will have the option to turn on Varnand after this fight (if the player initially sided with him).

NPC Characteristics:

• Full Schedules
  • Custom Voices for major characters
  • Some have custom fighting styles and classes
  • Scripted scenes (when appropriate)

Noteworthy New Features:

• Fire Wraith Creature
  • Summon Ice Wraith Spell
  • Summon Fire Wraith Spell
  • New Weapon types (Daedric Glaive, Daedric Staff, Daedric Halberd, and more)
  • A tea in-game that has been brought to real life [Link]
  • New Player house (not available at start, but is given to the player later on)

Resources used that I am not the creator of (voices are listed elsewhere)

• Heavy Armoury Dawnguard Edition by PrivateEye
  • Umbra Sword by InsanitySorrow (Might be used, but that requires a lore-friendly way to bring Umbra [or a replication] back without breaking the story)
  • Old Cabin by Stroti
  • Modders Resource Pack by Oaristys and Tony67
  • Woodland Sanctuary by Countercruel
  • Oblivion Gates Resource by Hanaisse (Probably)
  • The Deadlands by Ironman5000
  • Daedric Falmer by Ironman5000

NOTE: These are in-progress lists and do not reflect the final mod in its entirety. The full release will have more than is listed above, but this is just what is already programmed in; it does not show planned ideas, unless stated otherwise.How you can help (you will be fully accredited on the mod's release):

• Voice acting: There are several characters that need voices, just let me know if you are interested and I'll give you the details :thumbup: There will be characters for both gender roles.
  • Story development: I could always use a hand in making the story better, at the very least peer review of it.
  • Model Creation: If you are good with creating .nif files and the textures that accompany them, It would be immensely appreciated. This is not a necessary feature, but will add the extra flavor to make the mod feel more "full."
  • Mod assistance: I have a handle on the actual programming of the mod, but an additional developer(s) would definitely speed things up, help the process, and improve quality.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, objections, etc. just leave them below or message me in a PM. Check back to this thread for any updates on the mod. :PFAQ(s):Q: When's the release date?A: Unkown currently, but most likely by New Years.

Edited by Penguinchao

Sounds like a really ambitious by well planned project, I look forward to seeing it progress. :clap:

There are several characters that need voices, just let me know if you are interested and I'll give you the details :thumbup: IMPORTANT NOTE FOR FEMALES: The earlier I know you are interested, the better it will be. Because female voice actors are harder to come by, I'm refraining from developing the female characters until I have a voice actor.

Just some tips for you here. Female voice actors are not really any harder to come by than male actors; that's kind of a community myth we have several in residence here alone.

Regardless, you shouldn't cast any actors until all of their dialogue is finalized in the CK and the complete script for the actor is ready to go. Voice actors cast prematurely will almost always wander off before the work is done. If you have a ready script when you cast the odds of getting finished work from them increase exponentially :good: