DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creating Skyrim Armor in Blender Tutorial Series

Hanaisse

So I've followed through everything now and got that issue fixed. I created a new item in Creation Kit and assigned my model to it, but when I equip it in game all it does is delete part of my character's hair, which is really odd looking, lol.

I assigned the mask the skin partition SBP_44_DRAGON_BLOODHEAD_OR_MOD_MOUTH, and then in Creation Kit told it to use biped object 44. I'm going to try changing things around in Nifskope to maybe use the circlet position and see if that works. I figured I'd ask here also in case you know this problem already and can tell me how to fix it. =]

Thanks again for all your help.

So I went through my model and cleaned it up to make sure none of it's shape was clashing with the malehead.nif model and resaved. That fixed the issue where the hair was glitching out, but now when I equip the mask in-game it isn't visible at all.

I noticed that in my mask's .nif file it only has ninodes NPC Spine2 and NPC Head outside the NiTriShapes. When I open the original nightingale mask it has 3 more, NPC Neck, NPC R Clavicle, and NPC L Clavicle. Does this mean I messed up the weighting? I haven't been able to get those vertex groups from malehead.nif at all, but I'm not sure if they're needed or not. That's the only thing I can think of right now though that might cause this problem.

Weird! I've re checked my CK settings and don't see anything wrong, but here's screenshots:

ArmorAddon record:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2rm6r10.jpg

Armor record:
http://oi59.tinypic.com/zw15zb.jpg

Also, I didn't add the item anywhere in the game yet, I'm just giving it to myself via console command.

Thanks again for your help, at least now I'm not just sitting here looking through my nif over and over! =]

You know, it's just occured to me that I have about 30 other mods running on skyrim at the moment. I don't know why I didn't consider it before, I just assumed that I had messed up something. I'll have to look, but at least I know my mesh is working now. Thanks so much!

I figured it out. I was just being stupid, I had duplicated the .esp file to test various things without losing my old settings, but I ended up leaving the wrong model attached to the lowest file and forgetting it was there. Got it all sorted now, and I published the mod here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50931/?

Thanks again for all your help!

Hey, Hanaisse. First off, i want to say -  you made realy helpful and overall great tutorial. Sadly i have a bit of a problem in the end with my mesh. In CK when i'm adding biped model to armor addon my mesh is completly messed up in torso part.

Link to sample imges : http://imgur.com/a/XvLhB

I would be really greatful if you can help me with this problem.

hey hanaisse :)

just popping in to say thx for the tutorial, actually this thread here was one of my main sources for troubleshooting and getting my prototype armor to work way before i joined here and back when i was still on nexus... so, nice work you made here :)

you helped to bring as of now 4 new clutter-orc-armors to skyrim, with more on the way... after all im not into shiny stuff, but orichalcum / skull / spike based thingys.. oh, and mudcrabs, my mudcrab armor was even whacky enough to get featured on modtype. will bring more mods over here soon... anyhow...

thank you very much for your work, hanaisse :)

*gives a couple of random cookies*

Hey, Hanaisse. First off, i want to say -  you made realy helpful and overall great tutorial. Sadly i have a bit of a problem in the end with my mesh. In CK when i'm adding biped model to armor addon my mesh is completly messed up in torso part.

Link to sample imges : http://imgur.com/a/XvLhB

I would be really greatful if you can help me with this problem.

i dont wanna be the wiseguy here, while hanaisse is around, but... could also be that the skeleton the armor was rigged to was the wrong one? not sure though, would need to know more about your project, and am not very often here... i just give you a hint for your general projects. the regular skyrim body is not placed on the same coordinates as most other body-mods. means, that if you run a body-mod, and equip armor that was made for the regular body, the result is a graphical disaster. always weight and skin armor to the body you want to use it.

good luck, buddy ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey there all I have a question, I have been converting armors for sometime now using Blender 2.49 BUT!!! I have been unable to convert Gloves that cover the hands & High heel shoes But my biggest concern is Gloves, could anyone give me some very useful information on how to convert gloves, I have asked alot of people but I am yet to find anyone willing to lend me their expertese. 

Please can anyone help me, PLEASE!!! :confused::D

BTW I love your Tutorials Very good work.

Edited by Zquad1

Thanks, and welcome to TESA. :)

For gloves, you can follow this tutorial, just replace the body mesh with the hand mesh and look up the Biped slot number for hands. Is there a specific problem you're having?

Hey Thank you soo much for the reply, replace the Body mesh with the hand mesh??? so you mean load the glove into Blender then the body mesh then load the Hand mesh then delete the body Mesh??   that doesn't sound right.. but I am not exactly sure what you mean??

ok is what I have been doing was load the Gloves into Blender, delete the Skeleton nodes from the gloves, & delete the existing Hand mesh that came with the original gloves, then load the Body Mesh, then load the Hand mesh, delete the Skeleton nodes from the freshly imported Body & Hand meshes, fit the hand mesh to the body then form fit the Gloves to the hand mesh.

then add the UVmaps, then add the UV textures, then delete the Vertex groups from every single mesh EXCEPT the Body & do the Bone weight copy, then import the Body Skeleton, then Export it into the Nif.

But I get screwed up when I have to delete the vertex groups from the Hand because I don't know how to add them again.

Or am I going about it the wrong way??

& also is the FEET meshes from ohhh... say 7base body supposed to be the same file size? because my FEET mesh files sizes are different, The Body is the same file size  as well as the hand sizes but the FEET are way offin file size.

Edited by Zquad1

I'm no expert, but I don't think you need the actual body mesh at all. What you need is the hands mesh (malehands_0). In the tutorial, just read "malebody_0.nif" as if it was "malehands_0.nif" and work from there. This tutorial should work perfectly if you follow the instructions and just switch the part of the body mesh that you're using to whatever slot the armor you're trying to make needs to go in.

Sorry Zquad1 if I confused you. :)

alurict is correct, in a way. It entirely depends on the design of your gloves. Start with the hand mesh only. If your gloves go up the forearm, then import the body mesh to size around the arm. That's all you'll need it for, delete it after fitting. Use the hand mesh to do the bone weight copy to your gloves, then import a fresh hand mesh skeleton to rig it.

Be careful with your partitioning. If the gloves only fit the hands then that's fine, you'll only need one partition for the whole thing. If the gloves go up the arms, you'll need two partitions - the hands and forearms. In Blender, call the hands partition BP_RIGHTARM2 and call the forearms partition BP_RIGHTARM. See the skin partitioning section Part 4 Step 4 to help you with these vertex groups. In NifSkope change that to SBP_33_Hands and SBP_34_Forearms (remember the reference table).

As for the feet issue, I'm not surprised. Any of the body mods out there have better feet meshes than vanilla (more polys, more detail) so that's the difference in file size.