DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Need some help

Daedra993

Hello peeps!

First of, sorry if this is the wrong section. Anyways, I would like to create a small island in its own cell (Not tamriel world space.) But with all the new features in the creation kit I can't seem to find any that will let me make one. As this is for a personal project, I don't need it to be connected to the rest of the world, only able via the coc comment. So, my question is: how do one create landmass within its own world space?

/D

EDIT: Found it! :D

Edited by Daedra993

I was under the impression that creating a new worldspace was impossible :o Might I inquire how you did that? It'd be very useful to know :)

Certainly! I just clicked on the world tab, and then world spaces -> create new. If you are familiar with Oblivion, (Fallout?) It should be of no problems :) Tho, after I had created the base ID with my desired numbers, and started crafting my little island then try to save, the thing crashes on me. It's something bout' the heightmap tool I believe. So, in theory, yes it works fine. But once you are actually working with the landmass, that's another story :(

So, now I've been asking for help here, with hope there is a work around: http://tesalliance.o...ms-with-the-ck/

EDIT: I have now stumbled across a tutorial which seems, to show how to make an island in this case. I would say, what he does is a much better option for smaller scale landmasses which do not requires an heightmap of its own. :)

Edited by Daedra993
  • Upvote 1

The heightmap tool for whatever reason is very buggy, To make an exterior world you can do it in two ways... go into the new world and use the landscape tool(which is very time consuming) or go through and use a tool which you can use to make height maps.(fractal world mapper for example) export the results and through a series of steps(which I can't recall at the moment) import the full heightmap into the ck. The largest a world can go is literally 16x16 quads. Any larger and you'll have to use multiple maps.. which brings you to having to add mountains/oceans/seas to block those areas off. And then create load points such as gates, which would then allow players to go further. I suppose in "theory" you could make as big of a world as you want using multiple maps.. whether it's feasible or not? Is hard to say.. what CAN be said is that to make a large worldspace will take months.. literally months. And sometimes years depending on how advanced you go.

The heightmap tool for whatever reason is very buggy, To make an exterior world you can do it in two ways... go into the new world and use the landscape tool(which is very time consuming) or go through and use a tool which you can use to make height maps.(fractal world mapper for example) export the results and through a series of steps(which I can't recall at the moment) import the full heightmap into the ck. The largest a world can go is literally 16x16 quads. Any larger and you'll have to use multiple maps.. which brings you to having to add mountains/oceans/seas to block those areas off. And then create load points such as gates, which would then allow players to go further. I suppose in "theory" you could make as big of a world as you want using multiple maps.. whether it's feasible or not? Is hard to say.. what CAN be said is that to make a large worldspace will take months.. literally months. And sometimes years depending on how advanced you go.

Thanks for the help clearing things out for me! :) Now, I know how much you ppl like cookies, here have one! :cookie4u:

Edited by Daedra993