DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Wrye Flash

donnato

You need to install Python, Don:

Python 2.7.2

wxPython 2.8.12.0 ansi for Python 2.7

PyWin32 216 for Python 2.7

comtypes 0.6.2 for Python (all versions)

Those should allow all versions of .py Mash/Bash/Flash to work properly without having to use an exe file. Flash uses the Wrye Bash.html file readme for how to use and install it if you run into any issues.

Those are Windows installations, so let them install where-ever they want to. Python is a scripting language and the packages just let Windows read and compile Python scripts, but they have to be installed in the OS like any other program.

• 5 months later...

Being to the wastelands now too :D

Don, did you manage to solve the problem and, if yes, how? I have sorta the same thing happening, got all the Python stuff installed and absolutely nothing is happening. This tool really has the crappiest install instructions I have ever seen (or not seen).

EDIT: Hell, I got it :D My Fallout3.exe is for whatever reason not called Fallout3.exe but Fallout3ng.exe, simply renaming it solved the problem.

Edited by Gramblosh

Yeah, I am sure, you never saw. It's a German version, the normal (uncut) German version is indexed, so Beth made a cut version that has still a min age of 18 and a modified exe, that has the ng (no gore???) suffix. The great thing about the Python Version of Flash is, that you can easily search for the respective code and change it with a text editor so everything works as normal.

Edited by Gramblosh

Don't know much about code too but this was easy, there were two lines that were obviously not output and that say "fallout3.exe", so I simply changed it to "fallout3ng.exe". Python and other script languages can be "easily" read, so you don't have to be a coder to change simple things, trial and error works too.