DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Weird problem getting custom weapons to store on player weapon racks

DudleyAz

I found I have a weird problem with a mod I'm building. A custom weapon set I created doesn't want to consistently work with any storage racks/plaques in the game, only about 25% ever actually get stored. The rest of the time they just fall on the floor.

At first I thought it was the rack, but other stock weapons store just fine every time. Then I found that it was just my new custom weapons were having the issue.

I created a new dagger, sword, bow, and war axe based on the steel line of weapons already in the game. The only thing I did was change the texture, increased the damage a little and decreased the weight slightly. It has a new recipe, etc, and everything seems to work just fine in the game except for when I place them in a rack or plaque.

I also noticed that the new bow will store on the rack almost every time, but you can't see it. It is still selectable from the rack once stored, and even casts a shadow in the rack, but if it's in the rack it is invisible. This issue is unique to just the bow.

None of the racks are at 90 degrees, and the racks all work with other weapons, so it seems to be only affecting the new custom weapons. I didn't change the 3d model on the weapons, and the only thing I did with the mesh (using nifscope) was redirect it to the new texture files.

I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I haven't created any weapons but bows, and one thing in NifSkope destroys bow's behavior - File -> Auto Sanitize before Save option should be turned off (and it's on by default).

That option is supposed to sort all branches correctly at save, and while it works perfect for Oblivion and other games, I've found it to make more harm than good for Skyrim.