DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Sky] Flickering meshes (textures)

garnet18

I made few custom buildings with new textures and now I have this weird issue. There is a screenshot:

http://i945.photobuc...zps6a4bb091.jpg

The objects are too shinny and have this flickering issue. Also the textures are too rough. I guess that's probably a normal map problem. I examined the vanilla maps and made similar in DXT5 format (with black or dark Alpha channel), also try with DXT1 maps.

I'd try to copy/paste the BSLightingShaderProperty from others similar nifs, editing the specular color with no satisfying effect.

From the Oblivion moding I learned that for opaque surfaces you need a DXT1 n_map, but in Skyrim they are mainly in DXT5 format and the specular color is set to white mainly.

There is no a hardware problem, I have no problem with the game textures.

Any help would be appreciated.

From your screenshot it looks like It's not a problem with your normal map or the specular strength, instead your textures are too bright. Try darkening them and see how they look in-game. I had a similar problem when working on my Ayleid textures, the game isn't very fond of light coloured textures.

Does your mesh have the same flickering issue with all textures or just that one?, Uploading the NIF for us to look at would be a good idea too.

By 'flickering' I will assume you mean bands of light and dark run across it?

Yes. you got it.

I darkened the textures and now is much better, but there is one who give me a headache. Here is the mesh with textures:

nif

Can be glossiness, here is 80, the others are set to 50?

And just another question? I have few "broken" collisions, they are visible in CK, but in game I get stuck in or I fall through.