DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY]Black Textures on Custom Meshes in CK?

Daedra993

hello, hello!

Well, I finally managed to create my very first custom mesh for Skyrim. (yay!) But once I looked at in in the CK the model was completely black? What did I do wrong?

I've followed the tutorial on the creation kit website yet something is messed up :( Also, what is this "texture_m.dds" they speak of? It is only mentioned how to make regular textures and normal maps...

here is a picture taken from the CK.

2q2itl2.jpg

/D

EDIT: I've uploaded my files here, some help is very appricated at this stage, coz I've tried everything I can think of, still no luck...

http://speedy.sh/k3tPD/P100-TESA.7z

Edited by Daedra993

I cover those textures in the Graphics Artistry Workshops.

The black NIF is cause by a couple of things, first is the BS Num UV Sets, you can view this by clicking on your NiTriShapeData node for your model and looking in the details pane, it should be set to 4097 and if it isn't change it. Next cause could be Vertex shading, if your NIF isn't using any then you have to make sure it's off in both the NiTriShapeData (Has Vertex Colors) and in the BSLightingShaderProperty. Click the BSLightingShaderProperty and in the details pane find the Shader Flags 2 and in the drop down list turn off the SLSF2_Vertex Colors option.

• Upvote 1

Bump.

I got the textures to show up in nifskope now by swaping the mesh from the cube used in lesson 3, graphic artristy. Seems it was the only way to do it to get the texturing "working". But now my UV map is completely out of sync (might not even have been that from the beginning hah!.) I used UVW from 3dsMax to get my UVs and then made the textures in photoshop.

15ogsra.jpg

Edited by Daedra993

It didn't work, but it was an improvement, so to say. But I'm almost there, I can feel it!

But I did try some with Nifskope's template aswell. Only, it didn't turn out as I thought nor as it's shown in lesson 3. In comparison with yours, mine turned out a mess! :faint:

What did I miss? And to make it simple, I made a simple cube, nothing else.

214nuh5.jpg