DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Question about Mannequins

Bethra

In my latest mod I built several mannequins, in exactly the same way as I have in the past, they work just fine on play testing. With one weird exception.

The mod is Skyrim and Hearthfire dependent but not Dragonborn dependent and the mannies only have the vanilla script on them.

If I place items from Solstheim on the mannequins then leave the cell and return - the items vanish without trace, not in the mannies inventory or anywhere else. In some cases this was obvious - for example I had 2 mannies wearing skyrim clothing but cultist boots - only the boots vanished...in another case a mannie was wearing the bonemold armor and the cuirass disappeared leaving the boots and gauntlets (I didn't try leaving and returning again to check when the boots and gauntlets would vanish)..none of the skyrim items placed on them had any glitches.

Has anyone else found this, and if so is there a fix for it?

There is a game bug where the equipment is 'unequpped' on the mannequins.

I have not heard about DLC items completely vanishing from existance. Have you been loading your game with the Dragonborn DLC disabled?

It should not matter if your mod is dependant on the DLC or not, otherwise all those mod added items would vanish too.

Hi WillieSea

Thanks for answering, it looks like the problem has been solved. I downloaded the latest patch today and the problem stopped. Whether it was the patch or whether the download replaced some file that had gone walkabout from my game I don't know - but at least they are working now. :) I was tearing my hair out rebuilding them and trying different positions and configurations..sigh. Was just totally baffled as everything else worked perfectly in game and in mod...one of those weirdness things I guess.