DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

dombo813

This sword (with a stone that looks like the pommel of mehrunes' razor, only grand soul gem color) as a model and texture for both 1st and 3rd person, with something telling me how to get it to look like that ingame. At the moment when I load a new mesh onto an object in the world it works fine, but when I try to make a weapon, it just appears as a daedric sword, and I can only change the model for 3rd person too.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=29587499

At the moment, I am making a winterhold college style castle player home. Eventually, it will have a huge questline and dungeon series to do with the disappearance of a man named Silkriid, with a unique sword at the end. I have imported a lot of models into CK, and they are working fine as custom chests, such as a pile of gold ingots being searchable and containing ingots, a bucket of ebony ore that would be searchable. I even managed to set a giant sigil stone to be a forge for a single item. Now I have made all the enchantments and crafting recipes for this unique sword, and placed them in the world, but first when I went to pick up a unique textured sword of the ground, it didn't have any appearance, but it was there, because I could pick it up. then I went to equip it in 1st person view, and it appeared as a daedric sword, which is understandable, because I hadn't changed it from being such. In 3rd person, however it also appeared as a daedric sword, despite changing 3rd person model to something else. the same thing happened to another sword with a unique appearance.

Can someone help please? I edited the 3rd person mesh on swordA and swordB to be Umbra and Iceblade from this (http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1120-insanitys-artifact-resource/) pack, and they appeared fine in CK, but for 1st person models, it only has a drop down list with the base-game 1st person files. 

- how do I edit the 1st person view from something other than one of the base files

- how do I get them to appear properly in-game? does it require me to make an archive or something?

I dunno if I've really understood your request but I'll try to help you.

First of all if you created it yourself or working in Blender/3Ds Max or Nifscope I would recommend asking someone else. As I am not really good at that things at the moment.

To crate a 1stPersonModel with the CK of the Sword you just have to go to the Statics tab and create a 1stPersonSwordXXXXXX Object, which you than edit to point at the Sword Mesh of your sword.

That at the weapons tab you can chose your Sword and give it the new 1stPerson Model you just created.