DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WIPz: Rosewood Island (Museum of Nirn 2.0)

windclan

Rosewood Island is a truly massive undertaking, the goal being to create a vast museum to showcase everything that Oblivion has to offer. The project's plans have grown over time, expanding and evolving to form into the floating port town of Rosewood, eventual home to shops, NPC's, temples and much more.

I plan to keep the project gallery fairly up to date as I continue working: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/album/366-museum-of-nirn-project-gallery/

Edited by windclan
  • Upvote 1

Still in need of names for ships and for NPC's of all races. Name generators can only get me so far...

Got the port about as cluttered as it is probably going to get, going to have a few lootable crates and such scattered about later on but most of the cargo is either aboard the ships or in the warehouses...not a good idea to leave valuable objects sitting around a busy dock for very long after all :)

My current priorities for the Port are:

Get some lamps put down to provide a little light at night, at least in the cargo areas if nothing else as well as some flames in the lighthouse braziers.

Decide on what armor I want to use for the Port Guard from all the many choices.

Get some appearance resources downloaded so I can start playing with NPC creation.

As always, opinions, comments and ideas are always welcome :)

Edited by windclan

• 2 weeks later...

Please IS, that is nothing...If you recall my Library word document is currently over 1800 pages long...Imagine how many in-game pages that will probably translate into, then you can be shocked :P

That doesn't even count all the stuff that isn't in the document... ;)

Not even counting now but we have a bunch more books now :) Goes pretty quick now that I have my 4 part book creation process figured out. Copy a book from the word document, run it through Tabula for formatting, then through Hawk for the final touches then into the CS :)

New problem (of course!) Apparently textures take up a ton of space, putting my current museum files at just over 1gb in size. Which is big enough to make uploading to 4shared for Lilith and Arion to work on their parts of the project impossible...The internet out here sucks so much that it can't hold for the 4 hours it would take to upload.

I need suggestions on a course of action to take here as this is pretty much a sword right through the project's chest. I have no idea when I'll finally manage to be freed of Missouri and it's awful internet service and it looks like good high-speed internet is going to be the key to getting anything done here....

I'd burn the files to disks then drive to a library or university that has a bank of computers.  Then I'd hook into Skydrive, or one of the other cloud services, and upload there.  it would make me shake with rage, or course, but I wouldn't want to try to trim my files down, because it's my mod, and it's the way I want it.

It might not work for you for some RL reason.  Hope you can find a solution!   :pints:

For your team, you could burn the disks and send them to them snail mail.  :)

Yeah, RL reasons always manage to get in the way. Driving somewhere with a connection is out of the question though I may have to look into disc-burning the files as the mod gets bigger.

Luckily Lilith suggested an idea that I never thought of trying myself: Use 7zip instead of Winzip for the better compression. Tried it and the 1.02gb file was turned into a bit over 600mb. Right now it is just over halfway uploaded :) Think we're in the clear for this specific moment :)

If you have 1gb of files because you have so many textures then you need to get organized if you want people to help. If you think its hard for you to upload, its going to be a nightmare as well for those that have to download it everytime you make a little change or god forbid , blow it up and have to start over again as what has happened a couple of times. Here's my suggestion for what it is worth.

Get a dropbox account. Get your mod to a base stage where regardless of what happens that base won't change. Name it mymodmaster or whatever and put it in your drop box account. That is the file that everyone will be working with. Everyone that touches it makes a new esp file and you get to merge it to the master. Before you merge you test it to make sure everything is okay and then you post a new master. Only person that works on the master file is yourself. This gives you the option of seeing the work that is being submitted and if it isn't suitable then you can send it back asking for corrections etc.

Not to sound off the wall or anything but you are making this grand huge project that seems like it is never going to end since you keep adding more and more stuff to it. That's all well and good but maybe you should consider making it modular so that you can finish sections and add new ones as you go along and an upgrade. That will keep interest in the mod at a higher level and if its on Nexus, keep if visible for longer times meaning more downloads.

A good way of planning this is get your town and port ready. Fill a couple of the smaller interiors to make it interesting and big projects like the library do as an upgrade....

Just some things for you to consider.... Its your mod and I've been through one of these with Grond and we can attest to how a small project keeps growing and one way we found to make it a lot easier on everyone with multiple people working on it at one time.

Psss.. I have a dropbox account and I can set up a shared folder for everyone to access it that helps. 600 megs compressed is going to still take hours to upload but you can put your master in there at night and let it sync with everyones computers. In order to prevent confusion when you compress the new master give the compressed file a version number but leave the master name the same.

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 1