DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Mismatch landscape textures after repairing land tear

Carah

I have never encountered anything like this. I was repairing some land tears for a compatibility patch I was making for one of my mods for Oblivion. After sewing-up the land I notice seams... I guess sewing is not my forte... heh. One side of the seam was darker then the other, and it didn't make a difference what texture I used.

As you can see in this picture. Both sides of the seam is using the same texture.

MismatchedLandTextures_zpsf6eea7a9.jpg

If this can't be fix I would love to hear any theories on to why this happened. 

Thank-you for your time. :)

Edited by Carah

It looks like the dreaded "too many textures in a quad" problem...

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Terrain_Texturing

There used to be screenshots on that page, but the info's still sound.  I don't know if vertex shading follows the same rule as the textures-per-quad rule, but I didn't think it did.  That leads me to believe that this page won't help you.  But I hope it does.  :)

• Upvote 2

I've run into this myself a number of times..... Not sure how much help this will be but I checked the number of textures in the quads in both cells and made sure that there was room (under 7 if I remember righ) and then I took on that was common to both and went back and forth down the seam blending it in. Used a bit of shading where I needed to and in really had places to cover I used rocks and bushes.......

Main thing is it takes patience and luck.

• Upvote 1