DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Source for Textures

Chadric

Thanks. Without looking through all that lot (I'll do that later) I'm wondering if you know of any good scalemail textures that could do something like THIS? I'm especially interested in anything that looks like gold chrome that's suitable for things like mail, armor and statues.

I found quite a few scale photoshop brushes on deviantart. You just need to search for them.

A good set of texture resources I've found is on SkyrimNexus, from MrDave.

Thanks. I've just been looking through that site you suggested and I came across THIS! WOW! For someone such as myself who's obsessed about doing his character all up in dragon garb that gives me lots of ideas! :cool: Even though I like it as it is, is it possible to change its color scheme? As a beginner how would I go about it?

Be warned that you're heading into a lot of work to make texture sources work in the game. They'll need to be tiled/aligned to UV maps appropriately, then you need to start working on normal maps, reflections etc to get the shine you're looking for. Consult the texturing tutorials on this site to get started.

Be warned that you're heading into a lot of work to make texture sources work in the game. They'll need to be tiled/aligned to UV maps appropriately, then you need to start working on normal maps, reflections etc to get the shine you're looking for. Consult the texturing tutorials on this site to get started.

Yeah, I guessed it'd be quite a job to get a chrome look. Well, if I want to get the kinda "Excalibur" look to my future armor then I think it'd be worth a go. I think it'd be best to tinker with getting a basic metallic look first, then try to get it mirror like afterwards. I've been looking on some of your tutorials and I was amazed that retexturing and recoloring was just basic Photoshop work! I was expecting it to be more complex than that, to be honest. The chrome effect, on the other hand, like you said, could well be far more difficult...