DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

60 second screen freeze

donnato

Ok...I don`t get it. A few days ago I noticed that skyrim froze for a 1/2 second every minute. Then it started CTDing. I did a full wipe, preserving my saves and mod list. now, with only Hearthfire , and Dragonborn installed ... with the UODB patch .... and after deleting the .ini.....it`s still pausing every 60 seconds... even after loading a save from weeks ago.

Any ideas? the regularity of the anomaly seems to me to be a script thing ... but no mods are active  .. and this is recent... ran fine last month with all mods.

EDIT: I updated my vid drivers to 320.47 (Nvidia) ... I installed the UOSP ... and rolled back to a save from a month ago...still pause every 60 seconds...

Edited by donnato

There are some programs which who's core function is to uninstall items, this mean say for Oblivion I had an issue which it seemed to be still in like 3 places in the libraries. This finds all ties right down to the registry and allows you uninstall it completely. I forget the name of it now. Of course a good computer forensic guy probably could find it still, but this is good for what's needed. Anything else, I'm not sure.

• Upvote 1

I hate to say this now after all the trouble you went through, but there really is no need to do a wipe and re-install. Not like the days of Oblivion when you had no choice. You can just do a Verify Cache Integrity through Steam and it will download any files that are seen as corrupt.

You should also test by starting a new character, to determine if it is something in your existing save files that is borking things. Using an Alt Start mod (like this) and you can create quick test characters. Go out into the world and just walk around to see if the problem still occurs.

Are you using any hi-rez texture replacers? These increase the amount of VRAM used and could potentially cause the problems you describe. Also try lowering your video quality through Options down to Medium or Low and see if it still occurs.

Do all these tests with no mods installed, double check Data Files before you start to make sure no mods are active.

• Upvote 1

Thank you all very much. What gets me is...nothing changed before this started. I loaded a mod to test, but had the hesitations before that, and after wiping the mod fully.

Sa, thank you, I`ll do that. I did the memtest from safe mode not too long ago.

Grondo, thanks for the link. It helps to know that it`s not just me. Also..I`ve only got 36 - 40 saves, of which, I deleted the last ten with no change.

Aaand...Hana...No worries. At least I know now that I have another option with the Verify Cache thingy. I do use one of Vurt`s tex packs, but again, I had that for a long time before all this. It will be the last mod I reinstall after clearing this up. If afte4r all these options the problem persists...I`ll try the Alt Start mod.

Thank you all again.

Yes revo uninstaller. I forgot the name. Good luck and hopefully everything works, I'm just like.. terribly surprised over the fact that odd things like this happened. There should have been a memory dump with the game so each reload or save is clean from bloating.

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.