DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Randomized npc height and weight?

teeeeeee

I noticed that random spawn npcs have very little variation in body weight. Having random weights would be really nice, especially if using a body that reacts more to the weight slider, such as CBBE or something. Naturally I went digging around Nexus for a mod that would randomize this, but couldn't find one. Then I got the CK, and had a look. I think I found the cause for carbon copy bandits after a few minutes. Looking at the amount of templates, it would seem that the spawn logic just picks from a pool of pre-generated bandits and that's it... Could use more variety?

Now, I think this would be a pretty simple mod to make for someone who knows where to find the spawing scripts, just roll a number between 1...100 when spawning any npc and set the weight. Any tips concerning this kind of mod would be appreciated.

It would seem that SKSE has a function SetWeight(float w)... Also for height, might try altering that as well, a little variation between 0.98...1.02 or so. Now to see if I can have that trigger when the actor loads... But only for "random" non-named actors like bandits/guards, wouldn't want the barkeep changing body size every time I walk in.

Now, it seems odd that there isn't a mod like this already, is there something weird about setting npc weight? I tried in skyrim console, 00001234.setnpcweight 100 and such, this only worked on named npcs, not random bandits. Next I would try SKSE, if I could figure out where the spawns happen...

So far my plan would be this:

• find some sort of OnLoad (OnCellLoad?) event for npcs, put the following in it:
  • If the actor's name is "Bandit" or some guard or imperial etc., do following: // this is to pick only "random" nameless npcs
  • roll a random bodyweight between 1...100
  • roll a random bodyheight between 0.98...1.02
  • use SKSE SetWeight and SetHeight to change size

I just can't figure out where to attach a script that would handle things when npcs load in, and which specific event to use.

The random spawns are not scripts, they are leveled lists.

Leveled list items cannot have a script on them, which you would need a script on the NPC base template in order to change the height and weight 'OnLoad'.

Whether it can be done or not remains to be seen. There may be other work arounds which I am not familiar with.

Hmm, so it would seem... Spent a few hours playing with CK again. So as I see it, there are some template bandits I could use, put an OnLoad script right at the melee/missile/caster templates. Quite a few templates to do, but I suppose starting with just bandits and maybe forsworn and guards, since it's just a matter of dropping the same script in each template (I hope).

If SetWeight doesn't want to work with template NPCs, I suppose I'll just go with a bunch of additional EncBandits added to the lists to spice things up. We'll see.