DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Finally playing on computer but behind on mods.

Vouivre

Longstory short, I finished college took a break and now finally breaking down to play skyrim not just on console but also pc(laptop specifically). I have bout.. 150gigs or so left I can play with. though I also plan on getting dragon age mods.. but i'm not here for that. I'm here to get caught up on the core basics of mods for skyrim. Plus any recommendations for other things.

Now I know there's wryebash, and such but I'm wondering what's out there to handle my mods things lie oblivion's omodd and such. I'm just looking for reccommended mods/utilities to help keep my skyrim game running smoothly.

So I'm looking for eventually

new wrye bash

skyrim version of obmm

I know they had a version of obse but not sure on skyrim's.

a graphics extender like obge(loved it)

and any other tools that I'm missing.

I'm looking for the cosmetic mods as well.. I know I have a couple of older ones that xenius had done(probably out of date by now) but basically to make the characters and everything look better. Suggested armor/weapon and clothing mods as well.. and different from oblivion I'm definitely looking for quests, new towns, and just new stuff in general to help expand things much further.

Wrye Bash with it's BAIN installation is really all you need. You won't need an "OBMM" type thing, although the Nexus Mod Manager is the closest thing out there.

The "OBSE" equivalent is SKSE.

There is no graphics extender type thing yet (not sure there will be) but ENB is a buzz word around graphics, tons and tons of these around.

You'll of course want BOSS to manage your load order.

You'll want TES5Edit to clean your mods before using.

That's all I can think of for tools. As for mod recommendations, it's all subjective so I don't make any, except for the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (and the Unoffical DLC patches if you have those).