DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Need a little help.

thefinn

It seems the quest to run on reload isn't working...

[10/16/2013 - 02:02:46AM] Error: Unable to bind script THEFINNMagarResetPerLoad to THEFINNPlayerRefQuest (9505A48C) because their base types do not match

Not sure what it's talking about here. :\

Is that the same script we've been talking about, with a new name? Or is it some other script not posted in this thread? What are the characteristics of THEFINNPlayerRefQuest? According to the CK WIki:

"Unable to bind script <script name> to <Form ID> because their base types do not match"

This can mean that either the script is missing (in which case you will see a failed to load error before this one) or the script cannot be attached to the type of object it is attached to. (Like trying to attach a script that extends ObjectReference to an alias)

Perhaps that will give you a clue.

(Would it be ok if you guys started a new thread about some other issue instead of hijacking this one?)

I got that working thanks a lot.

For some reason I had read somewhere that OnPlayerLoad was what you used, but found a good example at Cipscis ;)

But on that, why can I not just call the main script ? It is also referencing Quest and using the OnInit event to start... I was under the impression the reason you used a seperate script was because those function calls were different.

Edited by thefinn

I'm getting confused. Call the main script from what, for what purpose? Which one do you consider the "main script" and what is this "separate script" you mention? You have to remember that we aren't as intimately familiar with the logical structure of what you're setting up as you are, and we lose track while working on our own projects and reading other threads. You need to refresh us and show us what you're trying to do to get a useful comment. At least from me. I bewilder easily. :)

http://www.creationkit.com/Complete_Example_Scripts#Maintenance.2Fupdate_code_which_runs_once_per_save_load_and_shows_a_message_when_a_mod_is_updated_or_first_loaded

Ok, this is originally where I got the code for the script that runs each time a player loads the game - as opposed to each time the player starts a NEW game.

(check where they put a comment with a bunch of stars *****, the 2nd script starts there).

The script as you can see extends referencealias.

So this being the main difference - I figured that it would be the reason you seperate this script from the code you are actually running (in what I would call the main script - as this script is really nothing but a way to  use the reference).

So, now that I am using a quest script oninit... as in the example on that page in their "main script".

Can I just do away with that small script with only a few lines in it (which extends referencealias) and just call the quest script from the referencealias quest ?

In fact I'm totally confused as to where they would even attach that referencealias script.

I am kind of aware that page is getting old now too, I wonder if that's part of the problem ?

Edited by thefinn