DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQ/Help]Ancient Ruins - Summon Script

Nahkin

Hi all, as you maybe know I am currently working on my first dungeon mod, which will lead to a new or secret place, where I have built the most beautiful place and home ever I think.

It's my personal favorite and really a wonderful place.

Anyway you need to go through the dungeon first and acquire sth for the other mod. I'll combine them later to one but for now I would like to ask you scripting talens out there if you want to help me :).

I know I could deal myself with that, but I have currently not much time and all time goes to the fine details like in my houses, but now in dungeons.

I also have to learn how to place enemies and traps.

My question would be if anyone could provide me a scirpt (should be easy I guess), which would do the following:

If I activate a levler or a pressure plate or anithing just that is an activator after a short time e.g. 5 Seconds a enemie gets summoned.

Maybe it could play a nice summoning animation or the one you use at summoning enemies or he slightly incresas it's opacity from 0 to 100.

I could also place him there and set to initial disabled than with the script make a explosion effect of any magic effect for example the one from Calm and summon the enmie or enable it.

Would this be possible :)????

The Script should have the following parameters to chose. The Actor --> Reference or how you chose that 

Time after he gets summoned --> but not necessary

Edited by Nahkin

What you describe sounds pretty much exactly what is already found ingame - namely Dead Men's Respite which is part of the King Olaf's Verse quest. Maybe checking the settings of that quest and the location settings in the CK will give you a good idea how that has been implemented. Its part of the 'Tending the flames' quest given by the Bard's college.

The actor you would like to look at is 'MS05_dunDeadMensRespite_Svaknir' - he is a ghost that appears when you trigger certain points in the dungeon. The quest is named 'MS05_dunDeadMensRespiteQST'.

The short version is that its a mix of quest stages and script snippets to be executed at those stages. If you look at the Quest you will see the script used etc

Edited by Dwiss

Well I looked at it and I don't really get it how this done.

The script just tunrs him to gohst and some other effects.

I would like just a simple script you can put on any activator and which enables a Enemy which is placed and set to Disable atm, with the Calm spell explosion.

Or Fade him in and out or summon him ^^.

Perhaps you want to look at the scripts used when various dremora or atronachs appear. For example, the Conjuration summoning spells, or when the pirate king appears in the Midden when you put the rings on the hand, or when the dremora appear after you speak to Mehrunes Dagon. I would guess that the effect used for those could be applied to any NPC that you want to make appear.

Edit: Have a look at the script "defaultFakeSummonSpell". That places the SummonTargetFXActivator at the actor's location and then enables the actor. So you could put that script on your enemy NPC and have your trap activate him. The script will then run, produce the usual blue smoky summoning bubble, and the enemy will appear.

For the script on the activator, there are a whole lot of trap scripts out there that you could easily adapt to do what you want.

Edited by BrettM

1. Duplicate summoning magic effect.

1.1. Replace Associated Item with the creature you want to summon.

1.1.1. Remember to have the Creature flag summonable enabled

2. Duplicate summon spell

2.1. Replace Summon magic effect with the one you just created

For triggers on enter check here:

http://www.creationkit.com/Complete_Example_Scripts#A_Trigger_That_Detects_When_The_Player_Enters

For pressure plates check here:

http://www.creationkit.com/Scripting_Tutorial_Pressure_Plate

I don't think Nahkin actually wants to summon the enemy, though. The NPC will already be there, in the disabled state, so there should be no need for an actual magic effect or summoning spell. He'd only need the effects that go with a summoning. I would say using the fake summoning script would be a much simpler solution than setting up all the other forms. See, for example, how Vehlek is handled when he appears in the Midden, or that Gauldurson guy who pops around. Those traps don't use actual summoning spells.

"acquire sth for the other mod"
What is 'sth'?

Take a look at the script "PressurePlate". Its confusing, but has some good information if your going to use a pressure plate. I prefer a trigger box so they don't 'miss' stepping on the pressure plate.

When the trigger is activated, you would use commands such as:

EffectShader Property TransFXS  Auto

Actor Property myActorREF  Auto

Actor Property SummonedNPC1 Auto

utility.wait(5.0)

myActorREF = TargetMarker.PlaceAtMe(SummonedNPC1)

TransFXS.Play(myActorREF, 5.0)

I think you can get the reference of the summoned actor that way...