DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[HELP] Skyrim Modding and Skyrim itself

BlueBeast

Hey all,

well i dont know where should i start so it seems its best i start anywhere...

Some time ago i started in The Enclave with CK Basic Tutorial, joined the class and so on... WillieSea answered me cause i made something wrong with it... we had some misunderstandings cause he is or was making the class for Darkrider while hes away for other things. Well we got the misunderstandings away and all was ok... i made lesson by lesson and challenge after challenge... At least Willie told me i can do the Final and i made my last Challenge... The day i made my post with my last Challenge was the day when here was maintenance.

Since that Willie wasnt online for nearly a week and then just short time but just answered another guy... I wait now a week for an answer to my challenge but no Darkrider and no Willie is answering... Im good with both and so on... Im just confused who do the class now? Maybe Willie thinks DarkRider do it again? ... Its just strange for me... At least i would ask some things about the Final and so on... but who should i ask that... when i dont know who is the one that make the class... and when i see Willie is not often online now... Its just so confusing.

The other thing is i chose to make the Release Option for my FinalExam House... Its said i should furnishing the house full and clutter it and so on... i should use bookshelves and books and so on... And when i do a release... i wished to have functional Shelves instead  of just add books in them... i know thats not recommended but i could really not think about a release without functional Shelves... so far so good... i got them done finally... wow and im proud... But as i was testing ingame... i saw a very old problem of my skyrim... when i add ingame books in my shelves and maybe i will let them sort new... then sometimes a random count of the books in that case go anywhere else away!!! Just true, i click and when i press esc again to go out of the shelf i see the case is now missing books... if i click again i see i can add books again in and the others are just gone... + seems the count of the books that go away count ingame on this or another case as + to add books in!!! Means i have as example 2 tall noble bookshelves with 4 cases each... each case can hold 11 books... so far so good... i make all full and then lets say i click on the left shelf the first case again to sort the books new... then as example 4 books gone in any strange way... that can cause i can do in this specific case 15 books in then, means books are disappearing and cases are growing after it.

I have that problem so far i see since i started play skyrim... i had no mods for the shelves all the time... A couple of time later i tried different mods that causing the shelves in hope to get the problem solved that way... one of em was the unlimited bookshelves..  another the bookshelves skse.. but no solving instead just more problem... so i made them out again... all of em deinstalled and deleted... but my old problem with random missing books and after it the case is bigger still there

Maybe anybody know a problem like that and have a solution

Greets

BlueBeast

Edited by BlueBeast

You really need to send a PM to either WillieSea or Darkrider with your questions and problems at this stage. You are working on your final and at this point there is very littlle that people are able to help with. As requested by Darkrider numerous times over the years.

As for your bookshelves... At this point you say you've used a number of different bookshelf mods and one of them included SKSE which is scripted. You probably have a bad save file that even though you uninstalled and deleted what you know of the mod, it's left scripting behind in your saved games and therefore you are seeing your problem continue. For starters when you are going in game to see your work you should NEVER use a save that had the mod active. Always use a clean save.

For what it's worth and this is my opinion, rather than try to have some elaborate mod filled with a lot of things you don't know how to do yet, I'd concentrate on the basics of what the course taught you. You can always go back and upgrade your house as you learn more. The vast majority of us that have taken the classes have upgraded our house multiple times as we learned more about modding and as we saw things that we just never considered.

But first thing you need to do is to PM either Darkrider or WillieSea since they are the professors that are handling the course. They will tell you what you need to do and help out with the majority of any problems you have at this stage of the course.

Best of luck.. Can't wait to see what your final is going to look like. :cookie4u:

Hey Arion,

my always great Helper XD.

Well about the Teacher Problem.... well im just confused who is the right one to pm now ... if their roles maybe changed again and Willie is actually rarely online... so i thought this way i can get a answer for that from anybody that knows what happend... like i said im good with both of em and the others here on tes too... RL takes sometimes over and i can understand that really good. My questions in it arent things like how to do as most, more is it ok to do this or that... I wont destroy my points when i do things, i am a ambitious student XD.

The bookshelf problem... ya i used different mods in different times but i had the problem already before i used any mod... and i had it while i used em and now after i have it still... To make it absolutly clear i just started a new game to have a clear save without the mods and tried it again... Same problem.

And well ya i know about the basics and so on... but ok i got my shelves work now... u know it better as some others here cause we discussed it in the shoutbox XD. They have their full function now, all is good in that thing. :) At least cause of our shoutbox discussion XD Thx again, cause that confusing things wasnt easy for us and u did ur best and it was a great help.

Greets

BlueBeast

Edited by BlueBeast

Hey Arion,

my always great Helper XD.

Well about the Teacher Problem.... well im just confused who is the right one to pm now ... if their roles maybe changed again and Willie is actually rarely online... so i thought this way i can get a answer for that from anybody that knows what happend... like i said im good with both of em and the others here on tes too... RL takes sometimes over and i can understand that really good. My questions in it arent things like how to do as most, more is it ok to do this or that... I wont destroy my points when i do things, i am a ambitious student XD.

Send them both a message that way there is a chance of you getting a quick answer :)

As with most of us here WillieSea and DarkRider have to take time away every now and then to deal with life, it means that students don't always get a prompt answer. The best thing you can do is send them a message and wait patiently.