DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

What is supposed to happen next?

CrisG9

OK i bought Fallout LV and loaded it and all of the DLC, and now i made thru the Doctors house and into town and the girl in the bar invited me behind the bar to teach me to shoo.t She is there with her dog but i only get the option in dialog to either say good by or to ask her more quesitons, nothing about shooting.

am i suppsoed to just start shooting? or is there a special way to trigger this mission? i want to play as much of the game as possible.

Also i cant find my mission list i assume there is a log of the missoins to do etc. but not found it yet.

so far, it is very depressing and arid, i hope we get to see more nice places.

I am assuming that the story is that this was a nuclear war that happened in the 1950s and the retro look of things is supposed to be from that era?

the intro didnt explain the date exactly. Will be interesting to see what comes

any mods or com pompanions that people can suggest? i got the Mod manager and am working on the body mods at the moment to make people look a little nicer and the females to look like females and not like drabs or charwomen.

Is the lady with the dog still standing there?

If she offered to teach you about shooting did you say Yes?  When you do she will turn aound and head out to the back of the saloon and give you a rifle any bullets to shoot at the beer bottles on the bench.

To find out what quests you have and to activate one use your pipboy (tab key) and select Data. Quests are looked under that title. Inventory is located under Items, and your stats are located under Stats in your pipboy. Tab key to access

Besides the DLCs, best bet is to play vanilla first time to get used to what things are like and develop strategies. Body mods - I use Type 3 and Breese's. I look on Nexus under Top Files and look at top files overall, top non adult, and top adult. Some cross multiple lines. Make sure you use BOSS and FOSE when you start using mods.

PS.. The lady with the dog leads you through a short tutorial... Do whatever she suggests.

Edited by Arion

OK i finally got it. i had the rifle and so used it to shoot the bottles  once i shot three she gave more dialog. I had a fully bug withere the sound did not always work at first and sometimes came later...which come and goes.

Well i made it to the next town with the roller coaster and cleared out all of the bad guys here, which the guys from California siad i would not be able to do so that showed them.

I have deleted the game Arion sorry. It is too dark, depressing and squalid to enjoy for me, I like a happier and sunnier world and this has to be one of the most depressing and dark and just ugly games and game worlds i have ever seen. I feel like i need therapy to clear the images out of my mind and the retro 1950s theme was very odd and frankly unpleasant. I am not sure why Bethesda decided to so such a dark game story but i guess people can enjoy it and I am glad you do. just not for me i am going back to Oblvoin for even Skyrim i find is rather dark, the interiors of it too are very very poorly done and overall just dark. Dont know why people develop games that are not as good as what was done before if somethjing works then i am not sure why they have to change it. :)  but thanks for the advice, i appreciate it, i got the mods workiing fine with the mod manager but it didnt help Fallout be a happier place. :) thanks again.

Well it is sort of several hundred years after humanity decided to try and wipe itself out with a complete nuclear war. Isolated pockets of humanity survived in vaults. (not all, but enough) and the lucky survivors that were ouside had all sorts of effects from dying right out, mutations, to escaping the fallout, etc. Your place in the world is determined on how you want to play. I have a companion mod I use (Willow) that cheers me up on my journey, as well as help me survive some of the more deadly encounters. There are 3 or 4 factions who are trying to control the main asset in the area, Hoover Dam. There's different shades of good and evil in the game. Your actions enfluence the outcomes. Oblivion it is not.

I initially didn't want to play any of the fallout games for pretty much the same reason, as well as I'm not really into a first person shooter. But Skyrim pretty much let me down in a number of ways and there's a few people here who have. are playing the fallout series and I thought I'd give it a try. For $20 and for me personally it was well worth all the money and time I've invested in modding and playing the game. Its not for everyone, but I'd say it's a very realistic interpretation of what the world could be like after a total nuclear war and humanity's struggle for survival. For me it was refreshing to see a game where quests actually had consequences and your choices created its own story. As well as the over all story of the courier, as told through the DLCs.

Admittedly it isn't for everyone. But maybe you'll want to go back at some point and get a better feel for the game when you are snowed in to your eyeballs and would like a break from Oblivion :)

• 3 weeks later...