DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Quest: setQueststageOnOpen PROBLEM

Nahkin

Hey together and welcome to my next questioning thread ^^. I started recently a really nice mod I think, where I implemented my first selfmade scripts which all actually worked yeeee :dizzy: .

Also I was even able to create my own quest to lead you to that house/immersive place.

My porblem now is the following.

I have a cell lets call it Cell1 and in this cell is a ladder which leads to Cell2.

I want to set my quest to the next stage, once the player activates or uses the ladder. The Ladder is a quest alias and I thought I could set the stage from 20 to 30 with the following script.

defaultSetStageOnOpenSCRIPT

My ladder alias looks like this.

1iskqlorvgj.jpg

My problem now is that when I activate the ladder which has the quest maker (I would like to remove it so it's harder to find), my quest get's not updated.

So I think the script I use may be only for animated doors and not loading ones?

Could this be?

And if so could anyone help me to get it work. I am already so proud of my fancy little quest mod :icecream: .

Additonal questions:

How do I remove the quest marker and only tell the player to search for the house and if he finds the house and ladder it gets the update?

Thank you very much!!!

Edited by Nahkin

The deafault script will only work on a ObjectReference. If you want to use it on a ReferenceAlias, some changes are needed.

Scriptname SetStageOnOpenAlias extends ReferenceAlias

import game
import debug

int property stage auto
{ stage to set}

int property prereqStageOPT = -1 auto
{ OPTIONAL: stage that must be set for this trigger to fire }

auto STATE waitingForPlayer
	EVENT onActivate(objectReference triggerRef)
		if triggerRef == getPlayer() as actor
			if (self.GetReference().GetOpenState() == 1 || self.GetReference().GetOpenState() == 2) ; Open or opening
				if prereqStageOPT == -1 || GetOwningQuest().getStageDone(prereqStageOPT) == 1
					GetOwningQuest().setStage(stage)
					gotoState("hasBeenTriggered")
				endIf
			endif
		endif
	endEVENT
endSTATE

STATE hasBeenTriggered
	; this is an empty state.
endSTATE

Don't change the default script, make a new one.

EDIT...or use the script defaultSetStageActRefAliasScript :biggrin:

Edited by Ghaunadaur

Thank you very much for your fast replies and helps.

I will try it out now ^^.

I am happy about my first quest.

And more happy that my courier works fin of the quest hehe.

Edit: Works fine !! Big thanks.

And is there a way to remove the quest marker from the ladder so the player would have to search for it?

Edited by Nahkin