DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Actor: NPC AI question

Nahkin

My next problem would be that I have a NPC which get's summoned with a script. I know I could place him with a marker and enable him but another script is refering to him and I need to link to him in the room so I have to enable him.

I could maybe let the other script extend the previous one, if thats possible like inheritance you know ;)...

Well the problem now is that I think if a NPC is disabled he is still wandering around, because he dosen't get enabled at the point I palced him in the CK.

I would like him to get specifically enabled at the point where I placed him.

Yes you maybe say... go use a marker, but well than I would have another problem as discribed.

So my question considers the way to make him immobile until he gets enabled :D.

I have no clue what you are talking about. :(

You can place actors and have them initially disabled and enable them when you need them.

You can placeactoratme to create actors from actorbases and forcerefifempty into aliases if desired.

You can have actors with donothing packages.

You can blockactivation.

I have a specific poin in the cell.

There is a cross on the floor, where the character was placed in the CK and set to initially disbled.

Then if the player activates a levler the character get's enabled, but he isn't standing anymore on the cross. He appears somewhere in the room ^^.

I want the character to be enabled on the cross.

Edit: I know that could be done with a marker and placeAtMe function, but I meant that I need the NPC already in the Cell, as I link a ref to him from another object.

Edited by Nahkin